SASS Wire Forum

Right In the Cup

Subdeacon Joe

With my luck the owner of the chair would have shown up and taken the chair away and I would be that guy walking about like and idiot looking for my ball. 
I had a crow take my ball once. The bird just flew down, snatched my ball and flew off. 

Golf was a terrible game for me. Or, should I say, I was just plain bad at it and very unlucky to boot. 

8 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

@Pat Riot, SASS #13748  You need to play golf like my stepson and his friends do.  They throw them as far as they can and then use them for target practice with their pistols.

Would have been a great stress reliever. :lol:

I have never encountered a more stressful “leisure time” in my life than golf. 

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

With my luck the owner of the chair would have shown up and taken the chair away and I would be that guy walking about like and idiot looking for my ball. 
I had a crow take my ball once. The bird just flew down, snatched my ball and flew off. 

Golf was a terrible game for me. Or, should I say, I was just plain bad at it and very unlucky to boot. 

I have always believed if I wanted that much extra stress in my life, I would go into the office.  At least I get paid to be stressed out there.

I've never played much golf. The last time I did, I went with a co-worker, and he whipped up on me. About two weeks later, we were on a job for a broken underground wire locate. I found the location of the short with the locater and he said he was going back to his truck (closer of the two) to get a shovel. What does he come back with...a friggin golf club and said it'd be faster (for me) than a shovel. He thought it was hilarious. It was, he dug the hole while I leaned on the golf club.

Actually, I'm pretty good at golf...when I finally get to the green.

There's a hole on the front nine of course I used to play. About 30 yards from the tee there's a pond that's about 60 yards long. So if you can hit it at least a hundred yards you're fine. As long as you don't let it psych you.

Or you could chip it to the left and then drive down the cart path and not worry about the water.

So Daddy topped his drive and it went swimming. He teed up his third shot - sploosh. He decided to go down the card path so hit his fifth shot to the left - ricocheted off a tree, sploosh. Said to hell with that nonsense and teed up number seven. Sploosh.

One of our foursome tossed a smiley down in front of him and told him to not waste his new balls. Daddy said the day he could not afford to hit a ball in the water is the day he would quit golf. Tore open a new tube of balls. Sploosh.

I think he had about a 17 on that hole.

3 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Being an umpire, this isn't what I expected to see when I read your thread title :)

............ so, ... you thought it was an addendum to the "pith helmet" thread too ?  B)

Archived