SASS Wire Forum

Expansion Industries -- Primer Production Update

Cholla

Some of the guys on another forum signed up for emails from Expansion Industries. This received this on October 10th.:

We are looking forward to starting production over the coming month and shipping on a limited basis.
You will likely see them being offered retail before the end of the first quarter 2023...
Thank you,
Rich Jarvis
Expansion Ammunition Sales
Cell 214.608.5651
www.expansion-ammunition.com

Nope. Not yet. I expect to see them in March- April of 2023 from what I have been reading on other forums. I did sign up for their email notifications.

I hope they'll be soft like the federals can't use cci or even genix primers tune of my guns will not set off cci or genix 

2 hours ago, Yohan said:

I hope they'll be soft like the federals can't use cci or even genix primers tune of my guns will not set off cci or genix 

Any new production would help.  My 1911's bust anything and I can save my Federals for my rifle.

3 hours ago, Yohan said:

Have you tried Aguila?

57 minutes ago, Currahee said:

Any new production would help.  My 1911's bust anything and I can save my Federals for my rifle.

Exactly!!!

1 hour ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

I do not understand people, that limit themselves to certain primers.

I like a little stiffer spring and know the Firearm is going to go off.

I have Federal Primers. And use them most of the time.

I also shoot CCI, and like them.

It's got to be a pretty thin line between 100% ignition with Federals and <100% with all other brands. It's tough to believe the line can be walked that fine.

Sometimes it's hard to determine why a primer doesn't go off. Not fully seated? Hammer drop too light? Bad primer? A lot of us will have a bad experience that occurred when shooting ammo with a specific primer. It may or may not have been because of the primer brand. But then we will avoid using that brand of primers, right or wrong.

The last time I had a problem  was with Winchester primers. I have since preferred to buy Federal or CCI but chances are the Winchesters would work fine.

I have had two experiences with FTF. One was with Winchester primers. The other was when the chambers were so dirty I think the cartridge wasn’t fully seating and the hammer blow just drove the cartridge deeper. Once I cleaned the gun, no more issues. 
I have shot with people that NEVER clean their guns and they had FTF at every stage, every match. They should not have been allowed to shoot the match as each time they had live guns heading to the unloading table. 

I've had 2 ftf over the years in my Spur's Rugers. Both had real light hits and I grounded the pistol. Don't think I went around enough. Both fired fine later in the same gun. My take is I didn't get my thumb out of the way fast enough. Both were Federal primers.

3 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I've had 2 ftf over the years in my Spur's Rugers. Both had real light hits and I grounded the pistol. Don't think I went around enough. Both fired fine later in the same gun. My take is I didn't get my thumb out of the way fast enough. Both were Federal primers.

I bet the primers weren't fully seated

6 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

I bet the primers weren't fully seated

Distinctly possible.

Producing what?   100 million ,to refit for production, also need train the personnel , purchase supplies that are in very short supply and on and on. We see that the supplies of primers from the old producers are starting to show up.

I wish them well but they have a long battle ahead and I fear they are a bit late to the game.

11 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I’m still waiting for percussion caps :ph34r:

A few months ago I found 1K at Bass Pro, didn't show as in stock or available on-line, but were hanging up there on the shelf, 10 packs of 100... I scooped 'em up, you betcha!

17 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I’m still waiting for percussion caps :ph34r:

Sportsman’s Warehouse has had them in stock locally for months. 

CCI's have been available around here $7/100 for #11 magnum. They sure aren't as consistent as Remington though. Several have no primer and quite few have a the primer all to one side,like the cup was tilted when filled. Trying them in my Hawken today.

Follow up---- They all popped! One of them was way over filled and the snap was noticable. I knew it when I put it on the nipple, it would not have worked on a pistol due to the height. It was roughly 3/32 from full and the cap barely went onto the nipple. Got 500 of them to use up, but hope Remington's come back by then!

Archived