SASS Wire Forum

Heritage Arms rebate

Rye Miles #13621

I bought two Heritage Rough Riders in .22 cal. I got the 6.5” barrels. They’re on sale at a gun store here for $99.00 and you get a $30.00 rebate!!! That comes to $69.00 each! I’ll use the money to get extra cylinders which are around $30.00 each.

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I bought two Heritage Rough Riders in .22 cal. I got the 6.5” barrels. They’re on sale at a gun store here for $99.00 and you get a $30.00 rebate!!! That comes to $69.00 each! I’ll use the money to get extra cylinders which are around $30.00 each.

Enjoy! I really like the two I bought a couple of years ago. Clubs around here allow for a .22 rimfire class due to primer & ammo shortages. I shoot mine a couple of times a year with no problems.

I shot them today, they shoot great! Well worth the $69.00 each (after the $30.00 rebate)B)

Extra cylinders are $30.00!

15 minutes ago, watab kid said:

why do you need "extra cylinders ?"  unless your speaking of magnum cylinders i don't get that , these load through a gate unless im missing something here , 

I'll make a WAG.  Not sure about the Heritage, but most guns like that are cast metal like Zamac, with steel inserts for the bore and cylinders.  It is relatively soft, and if you are cocking them hard and fast the bolt notches are going to wear out at some point.  Also chambers can get peened by the firing pin on some designs, again not sure about the Heritage.  Maybe?  But heck, if the guns are that cheap I'd maybe buy one spare gun instead of two spare cylinders. :)

7 hours ago, watab kid said:

why do you need "extra cylinders ?"  unless your speaking of magnum cylinders i don't get that , these load through a gate unless im missing something here , 

I need them for the Rimfire Challenge that I shoot once a month! It makes it easier to reload.

really - easier reload ? OK , ill admit ive never tried it save with my C&B conversions and thats really slow for me -- course everything is really slow for me these days , ill look at this just for fun , but i have a lot of 22cal SAA type revolvers and no heritafe so far , 

10 hours ago, watab kid said:

really - easier reload ? OK , ill admit ive never tried it save with my C&B conversions and thats really slow for me -- course everything is really slow for me these days , ill look at this just for fun , but i have a lot of 22cal SAA type revolvers and no heritafe so far , 

If you haven't been to a Rimfire Challenge then it's complicated to explain but basically you have 2 or 3 extra cylinders loaded and instead of unloading and loading one at a time you simply stick the extra cylinder in. It's a time saver so you don't hold up the rest of the shooters.

You shoot at 5 targets and you have to hit four before you go to the fifth target which is called the STOP target(unlike CAS) You get timed. Then you repeat this 5 times so you have to reload at least 4 times. With semi autos it's easy and quick just put in another magazine. It's a lot of fun. almost as much as cowboy!

Archived