SASS Wire Forum

SASS Saloon Access difficulties/ iPhone 14/ Miscellaneous problems [merged]

Mustang Gregg

Change is hard for all you old guys!:P:P

It's different but I'm getting used to it. I don't actually use the website that much anyway. I do like the old way of looking up clubs in different states though. As Misty said it was more of a maintenance problem then it was change. That's territory that I know nothing about so I'll mosey on down the road now!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still experiencing great difficulty in using this site. 

1.  I try to access the Saloon URL.

2.  I get the "This Site Not Working error 500" error msg. 

3.  I clear my browser history and clear all tabs, and try again.  --- OK, I'm now in the Saloon  forum.  

4. I read a post and want to respond, but I get the login screen with the idiotic captcha riddles. 

5. So I go up to the top drop- down menu and login as an "existing user" --I input my email and password. 

6. Now I can finally post a comment.  

7. Then I hit the "back" button to go back to the site to read all other posts.

8.  I get error 500 again.  So I return to step 3 and repeat the whole process again --  after every single attempt to post.

You folks are great to communicate with, but this new website c#@p is becoming very cumbersome and wearing.  I wish the site Administrators could get their new site working properly, but responsiveness hasn't been their Forte the last few years.  

Looking across at the SASS Wire, all of the posts there are about I.T. related problems with the site.  Still the Admins tell us the problems are at our end.  Not helpful. 

I login to the "unread " posts. Everything I haven't read comes up and I can just click on it. When done I click on " mark site as read". I never actually log out. Using Android mostly, but PC works the same. Other than the url changing a while back, I haven't had any issues. Guess I'm lucky!

On 11/1/2022 at 4:39 PM, Misty Moonshine said:

Hi everyone: 

First let me begin by saying that I'm sorry you all are having such trouble with the new website. I'd like to clear a few things up, if I may. 

1. Google Chrome recently did an update. It has also caused many of the programs I use to no longer function properly. It has also meant it takes forever for some things to download. I still use Chrome as my "go to", but have had to go into Edge to get some things done.   This has NOTHING to do with the new SASS Website. 

2. The SASS Wire Forum did not change. Nothing was updated in the SASS Wire. It is a separate software platform that is simply linked to from our website. Issues within the forum that just so happen to coincide with the launch of the new website are strictly coincidence. With that said, I have been in touch with our tech team who manage the software for us. They are currently looking into several issues that have been identified. An update to the Invision Community software is required to correct some of these issues. The update will happen in the next few days. 

3. In regards to the comments that reference "they fixed a site that wasn't broken...." , "nothing was wrong with the old site", "newer isn't better"... etc....:  there was A LOT wrong with the old website. It was built on an outdated hosting and template platform that could no longer be maintained. The amount of data housed in the site was astronomical and it was a nightmare to maintain. Not to mention it was literally on the brink of a catastrophic crash that would have been unrecoverable.

If you find you are having a technical difficulty with either the Wire Forum or the new Website (remember they are NOT connected!), please contact us directly at the SASS office so we can help. Those who have, we've been able to assist right away and get them what and where they needed. 

Misty

The SASS Office is aware of the problems.   Please reread Misty's multiple comments through this thread.  I've merged all 3 similar threads.  As she said, if you are having problems, notify the SASS office so they can be aware of what browser edition, operating system, etc.  you are dealing with.   They may also be able to walk you through a fix. 

Eli

• Eliphalet R. Moderator changed the title to SASS Saloon Access difficulties/ iPhone 14/ Miscellaneous problems [merged]

Being aware of it and fixing it is another matter. I cannot get on on two PCs and three different browsers. Can barely get on with my iPhone and it is a royal PITA. Every time I reply I have to drop back and Punt, erase everything and login again. This has been going on for weeks. Somebody needs to fix it . Excuses don't feed the bulldog.

JHC:angry::angry: Yes I called SASS and and no reply. Could be they can't stay logged in long to fix it but this is Bravo Sierra!

One thing I would like to mention that is more of annoyance than a problem is this post merging thing. If you make a post, say to quote someone then make another post in the same thread on a different point your posts will automatically be merged if done within an undetermined amount of time. Sometimes it’s not a big deal. Other times it totally throws things off. It’s danged annoying. I have reported it to Mods several times, but they don’t seem to have a fix for it. It’s probably automated by the forum provider. 

Instead of your browser back button has anyone having difficulty accessing the site used the " < Go to topic listing " or " next unread topic " hotlinks at the bottom of the threads?

Another thing to try is to use " > SASS Wire Saloon > " hotlink below that.

I imbedded the links below in case you cannot see them.

< Go to topic listing

next unread topic >

> SASS Wire Saloon >

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Instead of your browser back button has anyone having difficulty accessing the site used the " < Go to topic listing " or " next unread topic " hotlinks at the bottom of the threads?

< Go to topic listing

next unread topic >

> SASS Wire Saloon >

The only platform I use that has an issue is my Motorola Ace 5G phone, using Android 11.  In Chrome I get an error 500 message, in Edge I get a different error message.  In Chrome I can use the "next unread" hotlink and it's fine.  If I try the "topic listing" I get the error 500 message.  I can get to the Wire, TEAM SASS, etc. with no problem, it's only the Saloon that has issues.

I know that supposedly nothing has changed, but something did change or there wouldn't be these issues.

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

< Go to topic listing

next unread topic >

> SASS Wire Saloon >

The next unread topic lets me go to the next unread topic . The other two just give me the white page of death. Yet if i log out everything’s sol good man. Which leads me to believe it has something to do with my profile. I can also access from a email notification or the notifications bell at the top of the page 

Okay, here’s a new one. When I go to the bottom of a thread and click “Go to topic listing” it takes me to Team SASS. This is a first…that now happens every time. 

Edit: until just now. Now it works fine. 
Question: is there someone named Murphy working on these Wire issues? :lol:

Archived