SASS Wire Forum

SASS Saloon Access difficulties/ iPhone 14/ Miscellaneous problems [merged]

Mustang Gregg

chrome on my samsung worked for classifieds but not saloon, on my apple, neither chrome, duck duck go nor bing access saloon but do classifieds.  i tried typing the address as it appears on my apple laptop but it did not work.  i tried bookmarking and favorite the site but nothing works for my phone and I rarely access my personal laptop during the day.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for the heck of it I tried accessing the Saloon from DDG. I saw it just fine as a “Guest” but as soon as I signed in I got a blank screen. 

No problem using Safari

Okay. This is weird. I realized that when I accessed the Saloon via Safari that I was automatically signed in, so I signed out. I closed the page then reaccessed the Saloon link in “my favorites”. The page came up as if I were a visitor. I clicked on the “Accept” thingie indicating I accepted access. I then proceeded to sign in and I got this:

Screenshot

122633EA-CE26-437B-BCDA-F7656B01677F.thumb.png.f43ec9c7b0c3f226a3d0ea9b1660c449.png

BUT then I clicked the top right 3 line thingie (menu, I think. Can’t remember the term) and it showed I was signed in. I then clicked HOME, then selected Saloon and I was in. 

I am reporting these last 2 posts to the Mods. 

Just now, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

It’s a mystery, but a real mystery. Accessing the Saloon is finicky across multiple devices. 

Perhaps Bottles has a virtual door man. Maybe he’s trying to get a better class of customer in here. :lol:

Just now, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Perhaps Bottles has a virtual door man. Maybe he’s trying to get a better class of customer in here. :lol:

He was letting me in for 20+ years and I haven’t changed much. Maybe Bottles retired and sold the place without telling his regulars. 

Misty has seen the threads describing the difficulties in accessing the Saloon.  They are on it.   

Give them some time to connect with the Invision folks, and for Ziggy Invision to find his tool box and adjust the defenestratingaussenomemometor into proper alignment with the phase of the moon, and do the proper dance to appease the cyber spirits.

1 hour ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

Misty has seen the threads describing the difficulties in accessing the Saloon.  They are on it.   

Give them some time to connect with the Invision folks, and for Ziggy Invision to find his tool box and adjust the defenestratingaussenomemometor into proper alignment with the phase of the moon, and do the proper dance to appease the cyber spirits.

Thank you…By the way, I have this bottle of Dr’s Honor elixir that I could let Ziggy have for a small fee. It cures many ills and is especially formulated to enhance moon dances and fix software conflabbery. ;)

The problem is simple. I'm surprised no one else noticed it.

If you look at all of Mike's posts, you will see that at no time did he capitalize Saloon (ACS). B)

Only way I can see the saloon page is if I am not logged on . As soon as I log on I have to use a link to a thread or the next unread post button. I downloaded Firefox . Same problem. Since it works fine when not logged in could it be something in our profile settings on the website? I had a workaround that worked for me until this last update when profile pictures disappeared. To me what happened with our profile pics seems to show all of our profiles are not set up the same. Everything but the saloon works as it should 

8 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Only way I can see the saloon page

8 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Everything but the saloon works

Some people just don't get it. :rolleyes: ACS :P

To my knowledge they did not change the Sass Wire just the main website.

I just searched for "roughshod" on the club page and it pulled up the Roughshod Raiders.

I also filtered down to all the clubs in the state of Florida using the drop down.

Handbook opened right up.

I also book marked my page and it has the SASS Marshal in the bookmark. I'm using Chrome and Windows 10 Pro.

Google/Chrome did an update in the past week and I suspect that may be the cause of the "login every time issue". I know it included changes to "cookies" because I have to periodically go to my cookies and delete some for internal access to sites at work and my bookmark didn't work anymore. I had to update the bookmark to the new webpage inside Chrome. You may want to look at your settings. Cookies are what keeps you logged into a website. 

Stan

Hi everyone: 

First let me begin by saying that I'm sorry you all are having such trouble with the new website. I'd like to clear a few things up, if I may. 

1. Google Chrome recently did an update. It has also caused many of the programs I use to no longer function properly. It has also meant it takes forever for some things to download. I still use Chrome as my "go to", but have had to go into Edge to get some things done.   This has NOTHING to do with the new SASS Website. 

2. The SASS Wire Forum did not change. Nothing was updated in the SASS Wire. It is a separate software platform that is simply linked to from our website. Issues within the forum that just so happen to coincide with the launch of the new website are strictly coincidence. With that said, I have been in touch with our tech team who manage the software for us. They are currently looking into several issues that have been identified. An update to the Invision Community software is required to correct some of these issues. The update will happen in the next few days. 

3. In regards to the comments that reference "they fixed a site that wasn't broken...." , "nothing was wrong with the old site", "newer isn't better"... etc....:  there was A LOT wrong with the old website. It was built on an outdated hosting and template platform that could no longer be maintained. The amount of data housed in the site was astronomical and it was a nightmare to maintain. Not to mention it was literally on the brink of a catastrophic crash that would have been unrecoverable.

If you find you are having a technical difficulty with either the Wire Forum or the new Website (remember they are NOT connected!), please contact us directly at the SASS office so we can help. Those who have, we've been able to assist right away and get them what and where they needed. 

Misty

Is the alias lookup gone forever?  I think lots of us used it both for curiousity, seeing if certain people were still members, etc. and not necessarily looking for a new alias - we would NOT want to call SASS HQ to have them look those up.

13 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Okay. This is weird. I realized that when I accessed the Saloon via Safari that I was automatically signed in, so I signed out. I closed the page then reaccessed the Saloon link in “my favorites”. The page came up as if I were a visitor. I clicked on the “Accept” thingie indicating I accepted access. I then proceeded to sign in and I got this:

Screenshot

122633EA-CE26-437B-BCDA-F7656B01677F.thumb.png.f43ec9c7b0c3f226a3d0ea9b1660c449.png

BUT then I clicked the top right 3 line thingie (menu, I think. Can’t remember the term) and it showed I was signed in. I then clicked HOME, then selected Saloon and I was in. 

I am reporting these last 2 posts to the Mods. 

I get that also. But it speaks with forked tongue because I am in fact signed in. Just not able to get in the Saloon.

42 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I get that also. But it speaks with forked tongue because I am in fact signed. Just not able to get in the Saloon.

Hopefully Ziggy(?) will figure things out. 

on my phone and click on settings and click on safari it gives me options for google, bingo, duck duck go but no safari itself.  I tried putting a capital on Saloon etc but got the same result.  I did a search for the saloon, I even typed in the actual address and even clicked on the link mentioned above but only works on my laptop but not my cell phone.  oddly my wife's apple iphone 11 goes right to the saloon

24 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

oddly my wife's apple iphone 11 goes right to the saloon

I’m on a iPhone 11 right now and all I get is the white screen of death if I click on the saloon. If I sign out everything is fine. Sign back in, white screen of death 

3 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

BUT if someone copied my quote and I get an email notification THEN I can view that post but it errors out when I try to view all other post

Same here, you should also be able to click the next unread topic button to view another thread 

10 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

on my phone and click on settings and click on safari it gives me options for google, bingo, duck duck go but no safari itself.  I tried putting a capital on Saloon etc but got the same result.  I did a search for the saloon, I even typed in the actual address and even clicked on the link mentioned above but only works on my laptop but not my cell phone.  oddly my wife's apple iphone 11 goes right to the saloon

Same here when a phone is new it will give you those options in Safari. They are automatically listed as “favorites”.

I made you a screenshot pictorial to help you set up a “Favorite” for the Wire or Saloon via Safari on your phone. 

Here is a series of screenshots to follow along to hopefully set up your Safari so you can access the Wire or Saloon easily. 

7EF4BE64-5783-4944-B998-3B6AAEF4F8FB.thumb.jpeg.9aff1eeab41c8c0853ccc67528431edf.jpeg

9A5474A5-0445-49A4-AA5D-87F5036638AF.thumb.jpeg.8c2ea4a02074c50dab7e004b9c36b092.jpeg

D57E57EB-14BC-4FF9-92F7-06D63A084FFB.thumb.jpeg.7ced120e7d56936af4ac6d9442a2919f.jpeg

C400A90A-5520-43A0-BA91-AEFCCAF23283.thumb.jpeg.52c5443d2a562f08ec26e898423e7a21.jpeg

9034219E-5EED-49CE-9A2D-CEDEF8941AF7.thumb.jpeg.de8553b4eb216e03f75fb5f95737115d.jpeg

623941C8-BFD1-4D1E-9AEB-A43C48C06689.thumb.jpeg.62230e55e8a3d2f8936e575c02143449.jpeg

E54E4FBD-9A75-4202-AA25-4315DBEC127D.thumb.jpeg.7ae192c4b98907ced30892dcd2503740.jpeg

I hope this helps. 

17 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Is the alias lookup gone forever?  I think lots of us used it both for curiousity, seeing if certain people were still members, etc. and not necessarily looking for a new alias - we would NOT want to call SASS HQ to have them look those up.

Perhaps not forever, but it is for now. Since our membership database is not web-based- nor has it ever been linked to the website, we've always had to manually keep that alias look up maintained. To say that was a grueling and time consuming task is an understatement. 

Once we can move forward with an upgrade to our internal membership management system, we will work in the ability to look up aliases (again). 

Thanks,

Misty

16 hours ago, WiggleyDY said:

Yes, at time Im not able to log into specific Clubs.

I'm not sure what you are referring to. You don't need to "log into specific Clubs"... there is no login required on the new website.

The ONLY folks with a login are SASS Certified RO Instructors so that they can access training materials. 

If you are looking for specific clubs, you can use the filter feature to find what you want. 

When you navigate to the "Find a Club near you" page , the top of the page has fields for you to search and filter through the list of clubs. **If you just scroll down, the entire list of clubs are listed on that page in Alphabetical order. 

If you don't want to scroll through all of the clubs to find what youre looking for, or- if you want to only see clubs in a certain state, just use those "Filter by" fields and select the state you want. The list below will then only be what you have entered to "Filter" your results by. 

Once you have found the club you want - or for more information on each individual club, just click on the Club name. (it is in blue and is a link to that clubs page listing). 

From there you will see everything you need to know about that club; contact information, when/where they shoot, and a link to their own site if they have one. 

Hope this helps.  

Misty

32 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Perhaps not forever, but it is for now. Since our membership database is not web-based- nor has it ever been linked to the website, we've always had to manually keep that alias look up maintained. To say that was a grueling and time consuming task is an understatement. 

Once we can move forward with an upgrade to our internal membership management system, we will work in the ability to look up aliases (again). 

Thanks,

Misty

Thank you for the explanation.  While I might miss the alias lookup feature, I don't know that I would want to (continue to) impose a "grueling and time consuming task" on the staff.  It's one of those things we took for granted.

10 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Thank you for the explanation.  While I might miss the alias lookup feature, I don't know that I would want to (continue to) impose a "grueling and time consuming task" on the staff.  It's one of those things we took for granted.

We'll try and get it back for you as soon as we can. Meanwhile- anyone can ALWAYS reach out to us (phone or email) to check an alias. We love to help. 

Misty

I was just forced to upgrade my iPhone, due to my provider(the only one available out here in the country, Verizon). I also got iPhone 14. I just went to the site and straight to your thread no problem, might be you provider?

On 10/29/2022 at 9:24 PM, Old Man Graybeard said:

I liked the old list by month. Wish they would go back to that. 

The Match Locator page has that information.  You can see matches a month at a time.

9 hours ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

The Match Locator page has that information.  You can see matches a month at a time.

I like to be able to scroll down by the month...like you used to be able to do. That way it was easier to figure out what you wanted to go to for the year

Archived