SASS Wire Forum

SASS Saloon Access difficulties/ iPhone 14/ Miscellaneous problems [merged]

Mustang Gregg

I am having troubles trying to look up clubs and places to shoot.

Are there issues for anyone else?  Or just my computer?

Muchas gracias!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem as far as looking up clubs in each state.  In the search for type in "clubs", select state, select country if outside USA.  This will list all the clubs in each states.

45 minutes ago, Cheatin Charlie said:

I still cannot download chronicals using Windows 10

Get an IMac! No problems here at all. My IMac is 10 years old!

Lotsa problems:

Words around the avatars are all jumbled up

Search function does not work correctly

I use Chrome on my MAC

Their solution is to use another browser like Microsoft Edge

I hate Edge, just like I hated MS Internet Explorer

This is the only Website that does not work correctly

Oh Well...........

1 hour ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Lotsa problems:

I use Chrome on my MAC

Oh Well...........

I am using Edge on my desktop at home and have the same issues you are describing.

12 hours ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

I liked the old list by month. Wish they would go back to that. 

Old Man Greybeard;  There are two easy ways to get to the monthly matches

1. Scroll to the very bottom of any page and click on "Match Finder"
  2. Click on Events along the top menu, then Match Locator

Both options show matches by month.  Click on the month you're interested in seeing.  While it's not on a single page, it's an easy to read and clean interface.    

4 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Lotsa problems:

I use Chrome on my MAC

Oh Well...........

I have the same avatar  problem with Google Chrome, haven't tried the search function.

Randy

5 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Lotsa problems:

I use Chrome on my MAC

Oh Well...........

You have to reload your avatar. That will fix your first two issues.

The General Search field in the Find a Club Near You page doesn't seem to work but the Filter By State works fine, and the same page lists all the clubs in alphabetical order.

I also use Google Chrome on my Dell with no problems. Don't know how to help you on that one.

I was only able to pull up the sass saloon on duck duck go on my old samsung for a while and only SOMETIMES.  On my new i phone 14 that I had to get because someone dropped my samsung while using it to look inside a safe and it landed on the lip to the door right on the screen.  

Why can't I view the saloon on my iPhone 14

Open your Safari app then do a search for the SASS WIRE then select Saloon. Then go to the bottom of the screen, you may have to close your keyboard then on the bottom of the screen select the little square box with the up arrow, then scroll up and save it as a favorite. 

2 hours ago, Ya Big Tree said:

You have to reload your avatar. That will fix your first two issues.

The General Search field in the Find a Club Near You page doesn't seem to work but the Filter By State works fine, and the same page lists all the clubs in alphabetical order.

↑↑ THIS ↑↑ And eliminates the needs to complain.  So change your stuff or not...   

Other than opening my notifications and going to something in the Saloon that way I can't get to it on my Motorola android anymore.  I can get to every other forum, but I get a 500 error when I try to go straight to the Saloon.  Or if I'm in from a notification and then hit the Go to topic listing I get the 500 error.

I am not one to read posts on my phone, but tried it. IPhone 13, ios 16.1, Safari, no problem accessing anything on the Wire. Getting to the Wire by Googling SASS was a PITA tho

9 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Lotsa problems:

I use Chrome on my MAC

Oh Well...........

IMHO, they fixed a site that wasn't broken, and it made a mess of everything from Forum access difficulty to forum sign-in repetition, to searches that fail, to totally missing functions.  All of them worked just fine  previously (and worked for all external user devices).

In my own case, my Android device has not changed.  It still properly accesses every other browser directed site without problems.  So rule out device problems and browser problems and user problems.  The problems and timing all point directly to the new website.   Users should not have to delete their browser history and clear all tabs every time, just to connect with  a website, and it should not be necessary for half the users to have to re-login, every time they want to post a new comment to a forum.  

Sorry to be such a critic, but the new site is a mess-- at least for many of us.  

Not sure what an "avatar" is, but am using Google Chrome with Windows 10 on a 5 year old HP Pavilion Professional desktop.  Took a little bit of time playing around, but got most everything figured out.  If the new Website was necessary for SASS, fine, but maybe they should have had the Moderators play with it a while before launching it.  Maybe could have resolved these issues some folks are having with their Web support before now. 

I have 2 IPads and an IPhone 11. One I pad works fine with the Saloon. One does not. The phone is hit or miss.

Everyone, I reported Trigger Mike’s original post and added the following message:

It seems the folks that provide the system for our forum have some issues they need to address. Multiple people are having issues accessing the Saloon, but not other forums on the Wire. I have no issues, well, not here anyway, but others are. Please review and inform the service provider.
Thank you. 
Pat Riot

Hopefully they can figure out what the problem is with the Saloon versus the rest of the Wire. 

4 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Problems Yes..The main one is I can't seem to get the states to come up when looking for clubs.

Click on the word "All" not in the box or on down arrow.

Error 500.......

How do I fix error code 500?

How to Fix a 500 Internal Server Error
  1. Refresh the page. This might seem obvious, but if it's a temporary loading issue, you might find success if you refresh the page. ...
  2. Come back later. ...
  3. Delete your browser's cookies. ...
  4. Paste your URL into the website "Down for Everyone or Just Me."

I have the iPhone 13 Pro Max, and set up a bookmark in Safari as mentioned above.
Unlike Fox News, the SASS wire maintains proper cookies and most recently read statistics for both the phone and my desktop computer.

If you are using a fully qualified URL, i.e. "https://xxx" and having problems, just use the web site name instead.
There is a difference between "http" and "https" and the older "http" is no longer valid in most cases.

Archived