SASS Wire Forum

FOUND ONE. THANKS!! WTB rifle scope

I find myself with a nice rifle, that came with 1" scope rings, and no scope.  If you have a nice, used scope, that you're not using, please send me a Private Message with what it is, brand, model, reticle, etc. and your asking price.  I'd prefer a blue finish(but would consider others) and am open to most power ranges.(I might switch a scope from a rifle I already have) Thanks.

Can you  be more specific? What price/quality  do you want? Do you want special features? Do you want a hunting scope or a target scope? Will a classic scope serve your needs? Are your mounts adjustable  for windage and elevation?  

All of this will help us offer you a scope.

8 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Can you  be more specific? What price/quality  do you want? Do you want special features? Do you want a hunting scope or a target scope? Will a classic scope serve your needs? Are your mounts adjustable  for windage and elevation?  

All of this will help us offer you a scope.

I could, but that might exclude something that would work just fine, that I'm OK with after all, or that might be a better fit on one of my other guns that has a scope that I could switch to this one.

The rifle is an old Browning B78 in 22-250.  Non adjustable, standard 1" rings/mounts.  I initially thought something 3-9/4-16 in the 40mm objective class with an illuminated dot, fine crosshair reticle like a Leupold CRS V3HD 4-16x40.  But a little reality snuck in, I don't know how much I'm really going to shoot this gun, so dropping $700ish on a scope like that became a question. I'm not planning on going super long range and didn't necessarily want to put a 3 pound/3 foot long scope with a huge objective, on a relatively svelt rifle.  But I have other rifles with Pre-30 and 34mm tube scopes/rings that would probably be just fine on this rifle, that I could possibly put a 1/1.5-5/6 on if someone offered up one of those and be happy.  Or maybe there is something else that pops up I didn't know I wanted to try, straight 8x or similar?    

1 hour ago, Ya Big Tree said:

Natchez has blemished Burris scopes. Looks like pretty good prices.

https://www.natchezss.com/optics/rifle-scopes.html#dir=asc&istock=202997&op_condition=19491&order=position&p=1

Thank you for the link!!  I like Burris:)

I have a couple of classic scopes available.

One is a Bausch & Lomb BalVar.  It is not internally adjustable, but it has an adjustable mount that comes with it.

The other is a Weaver V8. It is internally adjustable for elevation, but externally for windage. It comes with the proper (Weaver) mounts.

I also have a Weaver K-4 fixed power scope.

I do not have any modern scopes that are not in use.

Duffield

Archived