SASS Wire Forum

Fiocchi Primers

Tell Sackett SASS 18436

Does anyone out there use Fiocchi small pistol primers?

One of my suppliers just came into a large supply at a good price, but I know nothing about them!

After my experience trying to sell Argentine and Bosnian primers I’m leery of foreign primers! Their website SAYS they’re easy to ignite, but I’d like to hear that from y’all!!

Anyone?

I was given 600 Fiocchi shotgun primers. They all went bang.

I've used them and had good luck with them.  But - if I were you, I would buy a 100 or so to start with and try them before going overboard on purchasing larger amounts at first.

I think they are a little bigger in diameter than others so once you you use them you might not be able to use others.

I fired quite a bit of Fiocchi loaded ammo in various calibers and they always went bang.

Whether they will go off for guns tuned for Federal primers MAY be another story.

2 hours ago, Crawdaddy said:

I think they are a little bigger in diameter than others so once you you use them you might not be able to use others.

I'm pretty sure that refers to their shotgun primers.

Like Cheddite, Fiocchi shotgun primers may be a hair larger than Federal or Winchester 209s.

7 hours ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

Does anyone out there use Fiocchi small pistol primers?

One of my suppliers just came into a large supply at a good price, but I know nothing about them!

After my experience trying to sell Argentine and Bosnian primers I’m leery of foreign primers! Their website SAYS they’re easy to ignite, but I’d like to hear that from y’all!!

Anyone?

These as all the products are quality products. They have a facility in Missouri that makes them. Great people and great products, buy with confidence. 

3 hours ago, Frederick Jackson Turner said:

Absolute thumbs up on Fiocchi primers.

Cheers,

FJT

I've been using Fiocchi Primer for a few years. They are standard here in Europe. Not quite as soft as Federal Primer, more like Remington and Winchester. Ignite very well and can be set well. Buy recommendation!

Thanks for the comments everyone! Sounds like they’re pretty good,even if not QUITE as good as Federal.

Question is, if I buy them will the SHOOTERS buy them?

Considering the price I should be able to get, I just may give them a try!

Literally. I’ll run a few hundred through our “short stroked” pistols and see what happens. That will tell me everything! It did with the Argentine and Bosnian ones!

1 hour ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

Thanks for the comments everyone! Sounds like they’re pretty good,even if not QUITE as good as Federal.

Question is, if I buy them will the SHOOTERS buy them?

Considering the price I should be able to get, I just may give them a try!

Literally. I’ll run a few hundred through our “short stroked” pistols and see what happens. That will tell me everything! It did with the Argentine and Bosnian ones!

Tried to send you a PM

23 hours ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

The wife and I Shoot Jimmy Spur tuned Pistols and they will not Set them off 50% of the Time.  

Well hell, that’s the kind of comment I was afraid of!

Puts me in the same situation as with the other foreign primers!

Guess it’s a no go on them for me!

For anyone who WANTS them-I can point you to a good deal on them!

On 10/31/2022 at 10:07 AM, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

The wife and I Shoot Jimmy Spur tuned Pistols and they will not Set them off 50% of the Time.  

When your pistols are tuned to only work with Federal primers, any other brand, no matter how reliable they are in stock pistols, is going to have that problem. 

6 hours ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

Well hell, that’s the kind of comment I was afraid of!

Puts me in the same situation as with the other foreign primers!

Guess it’s a no go on them for me!

For anyone who WANTS them-I can point you to a good deal on them!

That is why all my firearms are tuned to set off any primer. One FTF during a big match will likely wipe out any advantage that super light springs provide.

Archived