SASS Wire Forum

Star Line .44-40 Brass

Pee Wee #15785

They said they still had the back order, just that they have shipped all from this run.  they can change their mind and run more.  Call them, enough calls maybe they will run more.

It may be 18 months before the next backorder "yellow" is opened, but the backorder (44-40) for this last backorder batch has NOT been sent out yet...or at least mine has not been shipped. I was told my order was still in place a week ago and hopefully would be sipped soon. I ordered on Sept 5th while the order was still in the "yellow" as a backorder and the window closed, "red", less than 24 hours after I placed my order and has not been opened since... "green or yellow". Reports show that the previous backorders, prior to Sept 5th, was shipped and guys were getting their 44-40 orders in less than two weeks after they ordered.

Sounds like I need to call and get a current confirmation.

Green - available for purchase

Yellow - available for backorder

Red - NOT AVAILABLE

Untitled.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2022 at 8:31 AM, Pee Wee #15785 said:

A lady at Star Line said all .44-40 brass has shipped.  Next run in about 18 months

I finally got a reply,

Said that new employees miscalculated and allowed more orders than what brass was available. This was for my Sept 5th backorder. They said I could cancel the order but I said no, keep it there for the next available backorder.

So now it is just a sit and wait situation.

14 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I am on indefinite back order for 50-90 Sharps

Same here for 38-55 2.125".

Good thing I have 6 other calibers to keep me busy. ;)

I guess this is one of those times that they say, "don't hold your breath".

Luckily, I have plenty of brass but was ordering new to replace what gets lost and splits.  As above, I will leave the Order on Back Order and just wait.

Yeap, a bit disappointed that folks are able to buy it, then resell it on ebay rather than using it, while those of us that can use it can't get it unless we pay double to those that can. I am also disappointed in starline for not emailing those on the list that they ran out of brass....just left us hanging.
Nothing but Greed and I spit in the face of those that do it. Same with primers.

52 minutes ago, German Jim said:

I just ordered and received a couple of days ago .38-40 brass from Starline.

Yeah, as long as the yellow light is on you can get in on the tail end. Once the light goes red, your screwed for who knows how long.

Green is in stock
Yellow is back-order (or maybe low stock)

Red is not available 

Archived