SASS Wire Forum

"Packing"

Alpo

Now I am aware that the thread is about him getting ready to go on a trip.

But does anyone else, when they first see the title of the thread, think the threatTHREAD is going to be about carrying a gun? Even for just a moment before you remember that it's about getting ready to go to Hawaii?

Every time I'm looking at the threads and I see that one, that's the first thing that pops into my mind. "Don't hear people refer to it as "packing" very often anymore. Oh yeah, that's not what this is about."

Actually - and surprisingly - that thought never crossed my mind at all; my first thought was "Hm.  Wonder where the lad's off to now?"   :)

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

"Hmmm...I wonder how he means that?"  With Bob it could be one or the other.  Or both.  Or something else.

When I read what you said, I thought that he probably should not mean "carrying the gun", since he is going to Hawaii, and like Los Angeles, Joisey, and NEW YORK CITY!!!, they tend to arrest you for carrying a gun.

Then I remembered that he's a retired PO-lice, and as such probably has one of them licenses that allows him to carry a gun in places that we normal people can't. Like Los Angeles, Joisey, NEW YORK CITY!!!, and even Hawaii.

34 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Then I remembered that he's a retired PO-lice, and as such probably has one of them licenses that allows him to carry a gun in places that we normal people can't. Like Los Angeles, Joisey, NEW YORK CITY!!!, and even Hawaii.

About 10 years ago our Калифорния Государственная дума in its wisdom decided that once a person retires from being a Law Enforcement Officer they become ordinary citizens and therefor not to be trusted with  firearms.

12 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I thought that was a federal law?

It is.

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

About 10 years ago our Калифорния Государственная дума in its wisdom decided that once a person retires from being a Law Enforcement Officer they become ordinary citizens and therefor not to be trusted with  firearms.

............ ummmmmmm, ...... is that word a "zuckerbuggerberger" offence, ........ you know ..... fb gaol .... ?:huh:

4 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............ ummmmmmm, ...... is that word a "zuckerbuggerberger" offence, ........ you know ..... fb gaol .... ?:huh:

Good Lord NO!  He is one of the biggest supporters of those Stalinists.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

You have seen our gun laws?  This says everything you need to know about our Государственная дума.

Anyone notice the gentleman saying "...the chair recommends an 'aye' vote...?"  

That's the way it works here.  The "electorate" has elected the body of legislators.  This body has between a two-thirds and three-quarters majority; however, they represent their constituents in name only.  In reality, they vote as their bosses tell them - not the voters.  Now, this is not absolute:  if individual members of the ruling party realize that that such a vote would be unpopular in their district, then may cast a contrary vote if there are otherwise enough votes to carry the bosses directive forward.  In such a case, they will receive "permission" to do so.

This actually becomes a "talking point" for them in future elections - "Look!  I was the only member of the #($*&$@^ party to vote 'no' on such-and-such!"

Very finely crafted and choreographed.  -_-

11 hours ago, Alpo said:

Now I am aware that the thread is about him getting ready to go on a trip.

But does anyone else, when they first see the title of the thread, think the threatTHREAD is going to be about carrying a gun? Even for just a moment before you remember that it's about getting ready to go to Hawaii?

Every time I'm looking at the threads and I see that one, that's the first thing that pops into my mind. "Don't hear people refer to it as "packing" very often anymore. Oh yeah, that's not what this is about."

I thought the thread would be about fixing leaky faucets.

23 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I thought the thread would be about fixing leaky faucets.

Very old school there. :lol:

Archived