SASS Wire Forum

WTB UBERTI OR ASM 1851 NAVY .36 WITH SQUAREBACK TRIGGERGUARD. ANYONE?

I don't have a complete pistol. However I do happen to have two, in the rough, grip frames.

They were purchased here on the wire, for a project I decided against. 

I was told they were in the rough Colt second generation frames, they should fit Uberti's.

Tully 

20221025_180706.jpg

20221025_180718.jpg

I spent about an hour last night looking and as near as I can tell in the states the square back trigger guards were unique to 2 Gen Colt 1851s. There are a few that were sold from left over parts after Colt stopped making them.

Sent you a PM with two currently for sale.  Your best bet is to watch the gun auction sites. Most of them that I found were sold via on line auctions.

5 shot or 6 ?

On 10/25/2022 at 8:25 PM, Tully Mars said:

I don't have a complete pistol. However I do happen to have two, in the rough, grip frames.

They were purchased here on the wire, for a project I decided against. 

I was told they were in the rough Colt second generation frames, they should fit Uberti's.

Tully 

20221025_180706.jpg

20221025_180718.jpg

What do you want for em? By the way love the short barrel, it is perfect. Thanks again.

I have 4 Uberti squareback that I have had for years, Main Match for 15 years.  Have 5 or 6 Colt 2nd gen 1851 Navy .36 cal, used for 10 years or so as main match.  None are for sale but Uberti did the squaireback.

Archived