SASS Wire Forum

As the elections approach

Utah Bob #35998

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I swear…UB posts and asks folks to follow the guidelines and not get into politics here in the Saloon and what happens? The thread steers right into the subject of avoidance. 

I hate to say it Pards, but sometimes you all annoy the hell out of me. 
People talk about Millennials and how they can’t follow rules, traditions, laws, etc. I don’t think that is anything new. They learned it from us, apparently. 

Not every damn thing in the world revolves around politics! Jees! Give it a flippin’ break!

Hey, at least we're not smashing chairs over each other's heads or being tossed through the window. ;)

6 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Hey, at least we're not smashing chairs over each other's heads or being tossed through the window. ;)

Wait...  We can do that?   Well, this IS the Saloon.  Bottles, set 'em up.  First rounds on me!   

And may the festivities begin, I thank you.

2cb09ae4ffad873082f11f5bef02c214.jpg

I have for many, many years said that the world just ain't gonna be right until they make me king.

So, y'all, start thinkin' of what job you might want when that happens!  :)

Some of you made amusing, well crafted pithy posts. 
Some of you are off my Christmas list.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I'd question your spelling of Pithy! ^_^

You’d be wrong. :lol:

Gonna be 3 pages...

I am one of six siblings; myself the oldest of 5 brothers. We are all in our 70s but for one in his late 60s.

I don't think we've ever had an explicitly political discussion with one another. I have no idea who they have voted for in Presidential elections. We live in the same area, see one another frequently, and have never had a falling out or estrangement.

I think based on various things that most are more-or-less center-right, one maybe center-left a bit, but that's guesswork. We all are bird hunters, outdoorsmen, hikers and such, as was our dad. We brothers are all strong family men.

\

We don't have any 'rule' about discussing politics, but I think we instinctively see it as irrelevant to the family. Or so I think and infer.

Peace, brothers, say I. Politics is important, but political discussions often are not. I've always been amazed when friends and family fall out over them.

We once had a local council election coming up and one of the candidates was the proprietor of a business that sold, and still does, poultry both fresh and freshly cooked ..........

........ one "slogan" that I heard went ... "... vote for the chicken man ... and get a turkey ... "

:ph34r:

Best election slogan I've ever heard :)

by the way ...... he won.

15 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Peace, brothers, say I. Politics is important, but political discussions often are not. I've always been amazed when friends and family fall out over them.

I am the sole conservative in a family full of liberals. They don't discuss politics around me for obvious reasons. An exception was the Great Get-together of Christmas 2012, which was just a couple weeks after the Sandy Hook massacre. My mom was angry and loaded for bear, and she went on a huge anti-gun, anti-NRA rant just after dinnertime. I dug in and held my ground, and a merry merry time was had by all. :wacko:

Archived