Jump to content

As the elections approach


Recommended Posts

Please lets remember the Wire guidelines and not launch into political rants and discussions. I come to the Saloon for fun. I can get the other stuff from dozens of other websites.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just remember to get your butts out and VOTE!!  That way we can keep coming here to have fun and make friends!!

 

The right to the freedom we enjoy is hinged on each and every election!!

  • Thanks 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was going to write something about how if you don't vote you don't have the right to complain about the resulting government 'cause you didn't vote for them and you didn't vote against them .....

     ....... but I won't ....   

 

 VOTE dammit !!!

 

:ph34r:

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062
speelin erer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not so much rigged, as pointless.  Where I live, it has been decades since I had candidates to for FOR.  Tired of voting AGAINST.  But yeah, I will do it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm feeling badly for the poor broadcasters and other media outlets.  How are they gonna survive when they lose the revenue from those gazillions of paid for "Vote for me 'cuz the other dude's a derelict!" advertisements?  :huh:  :(  :rolleyes:

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m in one of those states where the cities are STILL smaller constituencies than the outlying and rural areas by population. I don’t know how much longer this will last, but for now, the “conservatives” are the larger group.

 

It’s frustrating to me that even though I get out and vote and my candidates, who are also conservatives, will be elected and will go and represent me, other places where people like me are outnumbered or are not offered suitable candidates will tip the balance to the wrong side in the Congress.  
 

Places where the opposition is prevented from participating because of shady election laws and rules, causing different parties to be excluded are just plain wrong!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

....and as the time for elections approaches just remember the words of my saintly paternal grandmother, who may have weighed 100 pounds soaking wet, "I always vote for incumbent regardless of their party, 'cause I do not want a new person corrupted..."   ...she was a little spitfire who made me go out and get my own switch to get a whoopin'...  ...and if it broke, had to go get another one...

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Sadly I'm in what is fast becoming a one-party state. The wrong party. I still vote, but it's just a formality at this point.

Same here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

ike.jpg

 

Many years ago I had a cousin stationed aboard the USS Eisenhower, who gave me a souvenir button in the likeness of a campaign button.  I just happen to have a button-making machine, so a few years ago I made up a bunch of "I Like Ike" buttons similar to the picture below (some with and some without the "CVN-69").

 

I'm thinkin' it might be time to make up a fresh batch.  :rolleyes:

 

 

Lot Vintage 3 - I Like Ike CVN 69 Pin & Buttons USS Dwight D. Eisenhower  | #506742135

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Alfred E. Neuman for Emperor!  Vote EARLY, Vote Often! (I was originally from Chicago!) :rolleyes:

 

      ALFRED E. NEUMAN FOR PRESIDENT COLLECTIBLE 1964 BUTTON VINTAGE MAD MAGAZINE RARE - Picture 1 of 4

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Same here

X3, but I want them to know they have 60% votes.  If we stop, they can claim 95% support.

 

Our polling place has changed for this election.  Be sure you're waiting in the right line.

Edited by sassnetguy50
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think about the Electoral College.  This is a sound idea that is perverted along the way.

 

Here in CA the EC is a winner take all process.  Even if 33% of the votes are Conservative, 100% of the EC goes to the majority.  The minority conservative vote is 100% squelched and counts literally for nothing.

  • Sad 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Think about the Electoral College.  This is a sound idea that is perverted along the way.

 

Here in CA the EC is a winner take all process.  Even if 33% of the votes are Conservative, 100% of the EC goes to the majority.  The minority conservative vote is 100% squelched and counts literally for nothing.

 

Totally sucks.  :angry:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Indeed.
I saw the news tonight... only 25 days of diesel fuel left.
Already raising prices and rationing on the East Coast.

Part of me asks, "for real?"
The other part asks, "Is this a scam, and the gov't will be the savior and 'find' a fresh source of diesel?"

Everything we see around us, moves by truck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

Think about the Electoral College.  This is a sound idea that is perverted along the way.

 

Here in CA the EC is a winner take all process.  Even if 33% of the votes are Conservative, 100% of the EC goes to the majority.  The minority conservative vote is 100% squelched and counts literally for nothing.

 

And, of course, vice versa.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ill be happy not to make political comments but i might react to one or two , older i get the less i understand the other sides purpose - they dont practice what they preach so why on earth push it on others ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I swear…UB posts and asks folks to follow the guidelines and not get into politics here in the Saloon and what happens? The thread steers right into the subject of avoidance. 
 

I hate to say it Pards, but sometimes you all annoy the hell out of me. 
People talk about Millennials and how they can’t follow rules, traditions, laws, etc. I don’t think that is anything new. They learned it from us, apparently. 
 

Not every damn thing in the world revolves around politics! Jees! Give it a flippin’ break!

Edited by Pat Riot, SASS #13748
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Dang, I misread the title.  I thought it said "as the electrons approach", and I thought I better make sure I am grounded well else I might get a shock.

 

Being well grounded is how you GET shocked. Easy way to think of it...do birds get shocked sitting on high volt power lines? Why? Because they aren't grounded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Being well grounded is how you GET shocked.

 

My mind is locked in ESD mode.  To avoid static shocks that could destroy sensitive equipment, the user is normally grounded to the chassis.  When everything is part of the same "circuit", there shouldn't be any shocks.  the whole "circuit" can be overloaded and "electrocuted", but there wouldn't be any "shock" or arcing.

 

In any event, I still misread the topic everytime I look down the list.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I swear…UB posts and asks folks to follow the guidelines and not get into politics here in the Saloon and what happens? The thread steers right into the subject of avoidance. 
 

I hate to say it Pards, but sometimes you all annoy the hell out of me. 
People talk about Millennials and how they can’t follow rules, traditions, laws, etc. I don’t think that is anything new. They learned it from us, apparently. 
 

Not every damn thing in the world revolves around politics! Jees! Give it a flippin’ break!

 

Okay dad. I'll show myself to my room. :(

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

 

And, of course, vice versa.

Not "of course" because there are two states who split their EC votes proportionately between Red and Blue votes.
Maine and Nebraska.

CA tried in 2008 to get a split EC initiative on the State ballot, but like so many honest reforms, it was stymied by the powers that be.
CA has 54 electoral votes, the most of any state.

CA - 6,006,429 votes counted for nothing in this Blue state
AZ - 1,661,696 votes counted for nothing because Biden had a 0.4% lead.
GA - 2.461.854 votes count for nothing because Biden had a 0.3% lead

PA - 3,378,263 votes counted for nothing because Biden had a 1.2% lead, which put Biden over the top to win.

This is not representative but is instead mob rule.


 

Edited by bgavin
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Not "of course" because there are two states who split their EC votes proportionately between Red and Blue votes.
Maine and Nebraska.

CA tried in 2008 to get a split EC initiative on the State ballot, but like so many honest reforms, it was stymied by the powers that be.
CA has 54 electoral votes, the most of any state.

CA - 6,006,429 votes counted for nothing in this Blue state
AZ - 1,661,696 votes counted for nothing because Biden had a 0.4% lead.
GA - 2.461.854 votes count for nothing because Biden had a 0.3% lead

PA - 3,378,263 votes counted for nothing because Biden had a 1.2% lead, which put Biden over the top to win.

This is not representative but is instead mob rule.


 

Seriously? You just can’t help yourself, can you? 


Please, read our Moderators post above. Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.