SASS Wire Forum

Very good western movie

Last night I watched "Forsaken" with Kiefer Sutherland and Donald Sutherland. I had not ever heard of this movie, but it was very good in my opinion and I would watch it again.

Just a heads up for those who haven't seen it.

Horace

Forsaken is indeed a good movie!!  All of the major parts were very well played!  I have it DVRed.

4 hours ago, Dumpre said:

I recently saw "dead for a dollar" feature Christophe Waltz. I through it all and enjoyed it.

It hasn't played in my area yet.   To me, the description reads like a remake of The Professionals.   Assuming you've seen it, is "Dead for a Dollar" similar in plot?

Thanks for the suggestion.  Stitcher and I just finished watching it.  Forsaken was excellent.

Got around to watching it tonight. Good movie. They actually used 66 and 73 Winchesters. The LeMat was a nice touch except I think the storekeeper said it was a 10 gauge barrel. (They were 20 gauge)

Dead For A Dollar is not anything like The Professionals.  

It IS a pretty good movie!

I’ve been watching “Walker Independence” on the CW.  Pretty good series!!

7 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Got around to watching it tonight. Good movie. They actually used 66 and 73 Winchesters. The LeMat was a nice touch except I think the storekeeper said it was a 10 gauge barrel. (They were 20 gauge)

I saw it awhile back but watched it again last night after reading this post. It's a good movie. I think it had a solid storyline and good acting.  

Another firearm error was when John,  the cocky killer,  shoots the farmer from a distance.  The hammer on the 73 he used was uncocked after he levered it and fires. He re-levers and the second time it's cocked. 

JEL

9 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

But........ that HOLE he put in that bad guy was 10 gauge (or bigger). :lol:

..........Widder

I think I'll watch Forsaken again, after I watch Dead For A Dollar.   I watched a Western from 2020 on Prime last night, "Road to Revenge".   A solid 5 out of 10.  But, I got thrown off by the details...   A Stainless Steel Rossi '92 carbine is featured prominently in a story supposed to take place in the 1870s.   A Marlin '94, and rubber soled boots with colored inserts on the bottoms.   Quite prominent when one of the good guns is knocked down.   Everybody has Peacemakers, and in flash backs from 15 years earlier, everybody has Peacemakers.   Filmed at Old Tombstone Studios, but electric Christmas lights were still strung across the streets.   It was an independent production, so I'm sure money was very tight.  Some of our re-enactor friends had parts, so it was good to see them.

Good movie. 

I like to think  in my mind that Kieffer is Doc from the Young Guns and this is much later in life after he is a free man .

Archived