SASS Wire Forum

WTB 1860 Henry

Hey Art:

That's Split Rail's Steel Henry

Frame is blued

It is nice & smooth

--Dawg

• 1 month later...

As noted in the ad it is made by Uberti.  Navy Arms is just the importer.

Some of the really old Uberti 1860s had some parts dimensional differences.  The easiest way to tell if it is one of the rare old ones is to measure the firing pin extensions.  The really old and scarce 1860s had a firing pin extension that measures .392" in diameter.  The newer versions (for at least the past 20 years) measure .352".  If you are really interested I can take a caliper over to Cabelas the next time I go over there and measure it on the outside chance it is a really old one.

7 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

As noted in the ad it is made by Uberti.  Navy Arms is just the importer.

Some of the really old Uberti 1860s had some parts dimensional differences.  The easiest way to tell if it is one of the rare old ones is to measure the firing pin extensions.  The really old and scarce 1860s had a firing pin extension that measures .392" in diameter.  The newer versions (for at least the past 20 years) measure .352".  If you are really interested I can take a caliper over to Cabelas the next time I go over there and measure it on the outside chance it is a really old one.

Think I may give them a call today, thanks for the tip on one of these fellas.

• 2 weeks later...

Major, 

Are you still looking for an 1860. I have one and thinking of letting it go. It has only been fired 30 rds of smokeless. It has cowboys and Indians fifth GEN short stroke. If you are interested pm me and I will give you my number and we can talk.07C6DA77-F842-43C6-8586-24BE16CA1D26.thumb.jpeg.8298b95c065118a3a95d02e151d6daa1.jpeg

Archived