SASS Wire Forum

Much difficulties getting into the Saloon

Utah Bob #35998

But only on one of my IPads. The other and phone are okay. Sometimes deleting history and cookies works, sometimes not.

every time I sign in it says “Oops, something went wrong” but I am in fact signed in. Weird. :wacko:

And I still can’t get to the Saloon page. Just gives me a blank screen. But I’m sittin in bed and not about to go get the other tablet. So y’all have a great night. :wacko:

On my phone I still get that 500 error trying to get into the Saloon.  I can get to every other forum.  I can get to threads IN the Saloon if I click on a notification of something a comment or reaction to one of my posts.  But if I try "Go to topic listing" I get that 500 error screen.  Weird.

Well, we used to have an Administrator that could address these issues without having to wait for the company that provides the service to correct things, but she was booted to the curb and I have no advice so the best we can do is post a complaint like this then “report” the post to the Mods and see what happens. 

UB, I reported your post. 

Change browsers. Try Chrome or brave or anything besides safari.

Might work some sites are optimized for certain browsers

Close all sassnet.com tabs.

Under the Safari menu--> select Preferences, click Privacy, then click Manage Website Data. Find sassnet.com, click on sassnet.com, click Clear.

You will need to log in again.

For Safari, I also turned on the Develop menu.

The Develop menu has a selection to Empty Caches. Sometimes a corrupted web cache file will prevent a page from loading properly. Even when files are cleared using the first method, I have had some sites not work right until I took this extra step in the Develop menu.

Please note clearing history under either the Safari or History menus is not as comprehensive or complete as the instructions above.

33 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Close all sassnet.com tabs.

Under the Safari menu--> select Preferences, click Privacy, then click Manage Website Data. Find sassnet.com, click on sassnet.com, click Clear.

You will need to log in again.

For Safari, I also turned on the Develop menu.

The Develop menu has a selection to Empty Caches. Sometimes a corrupted web cache file will prevent a page from loading properly. Even when files are cleared using the first method, I have had some sites not work right until I took this extra step in the Develop menu.

Please note clearing history under either the Safari or History menus is not as comprehensive or complete as the instructions above.

I’m copying this and sending it as a PM to Utah Bob.  If he can’t get into the Saloon he won’t be able to read it and it’s good information.

So far, I have been unable to duplicate the problem with Android products or PCs.  (Once using the correct new web address www.forums/sassnet.com).

I've been exploring the hidden alleyways and byways that we allowed to get to, but nothing seems out of order.

The problem appears to surface with only some browsers.  So, I need more info about the Operating System version and the Browser version. 

We have seen that the forum software is not completely backwards compatible with earlier versions of Windows NT.

If it’s any help I use my iPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 15.6.1.  I have had no issues and my avatar remains intact as well as all access to all the forums on The Wire. 

Avatars is a separate issue (IMO). I think there was a recent change to the forum independent of the SASS home page changes.

One hint for the avatars may be avatars over a certain size were lost.

2 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I'm using MacOS Monterey 12.3.1

Googel Chrome 106.0.5249.119

Avatar not showing, my info not showing.

Hmm, is this a commonality to others who lost avatars?

I'm on the outside looking in like most members, but this (bolded) might be a clue.

When I read this thread a little while ago and hit the back button, I got the "no permission" screen! Then noticed I was now logged out! Had to log back in which I haven't done since February! Weird:huh: Then I get an email telling me everything I haven't read today, never got one of those. Hit the unsubscribe and got logged out again.:( Some odd gremlins here lately. The good news is my avatar has stayed since rebuilding it last week.:D

7 hours ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

So far, I have been unable to duplicate the problem with Apple or Android products.  (Once using the correct new web address www.forums/sassnet.com).

I've been exploring the hidden alleyways and byways that we allowed to get to, but nothing seems out of order.

The problem appears to surface with only some browsers.  So, I need more info about the Operating System version and the Browser version. 

We have seen that the forum software is not completely backwards compatible with earlier versions of Windows NT.

I can get in on my desktop on any browser.  I can get in on my laptop.  On my Motorola Ace I can get to any SASS forum except the Saloon.  BUT - if I'm in one fora I can click on my notifications and go to a thread in the Saloon.  I can also go to other threads in the Saloon with the "Next Unread Topic" button.  If I try the 'Go To Topic Listing' button I get the http 500 error.

Eggzackly! The other forums are acceswsibgle. This IPad is no prob, my other one is.

On 10/23/2022 at 4:23 PM, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I'm using MacOS Monterey 12.3.1

Googel Chrome 106.0.5249.119

Avatar not showing, my info not showing.

Howdy,

If you need to update your avatar, go to your profile and upload a new photo and position it how you would like within the grid that appears.

On 10/23/2022 at 6:38 PM, John Kloehr said:

Avatars is a separate issue (IMO). I think there was a recent change to the forum independent of the SASS home page changes.

One hint for the avatars may be avatars over a certain size were lost.

... And avatars under a certain size.  The one in my regular profile still shows properly.

On 10/23/2022 at 7:01 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

I can get in on my desktop on any browser.  I can get in on my laptop.  On my Motorola Ace I can get to any SASS forum except the Saloon.  BUT - if I'm in one fora I can click on my notifications and go to a thread in the Saloon.  I can also go to other threads in the Saloon with the "Next Unread Topic" button.  If I try the 'Go To Topic Listing' button I get the http 500 error.

An http 500 error means that there was a network server error.  I'll pass this on!

8 minutes ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

An http 500 error means that there was a network server error.  I'll pass this on!

i had started a thread, A Weirdness., which I got moved to the Saloon, in which i posted a screenshot of the 500 error message i get when intry to get to the Saloon on my phone.

I didn’t lose the profile pic, but I get the white page for the saloon on my iPhone or iPad. Before we had people lose profile pics I had to clear my cookies and history open a saloon thread then click the log on to join the conversation at the bottom of the thread and it would work. but not anymore. If I did the traditional log on I would just get the white page of death when I click on the saloon. Right now the only way I can look at the saloon is a notification then use the next unread topic button. If I click the go to topic listing I get the white pag of death 

On any of the wire forums here, every now and the when I click on a thread, it loads and then goes white screen. I just move my finger on the screen and it reappears until I hit the back arrow and it does it again. Usually I just have to close the browser and relaunch. Sometimes I have to reboot the phone.

21 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

On any of the wire forums here, every now and the when I click on a thread, it loads and then goes white screen. I just move my finger on the screen and it reappears until I hit the back arrow and it does it again. Usually I just have to close the browser and relaunch. Sometimes I have to reboot the phone.

Only having trouble with The Saloon. All the other forums are fine. 

Archived