SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger coach 12 gauge shotgun

rifleman56

My shot gun kept miss firing today at the match and I need to replace the firing pins. I also the tool to remove the fastening bolt. 

Can anyone recommend a good website for ordering parts? 

Thanks

When you take the stock off...check to see if the hammers are rubbing on the wood. I have had that happen on a Stoeger. Just sand a little wood with a dremel and sanding drum and use a burr to get the tight spots if that is the problem

Before you go replacing firing pins, take it out and shoot it again. If the first barrel fires, but the second doesn’t, it may be coming unlatched and starting to open. This will cause the second barrel not to fire. It’s a common problem with the Stoeger. The answer is to remove material from the sliding latch that moves forward into the barrel lugs. There have been several posts on this issue with good instructions on how to correct it. Do a search, either on here or Google and you will find a bunch of info. 

I have a Stoeger and it was doing the same thing. A little file work and it has not misfired in two years. 

just my 2 Pennie’s…..

Sam Sackett 

I fought this problem with Stogers for 2 years changing firing pins and other parts and finally came to realize that it was the shot shells I was using. The minute I switched to Winchester AA low recoil I stopped having misfires. Sometimes it is not the gun but the ammo.

1 minute ago, Flash said:

The early Stoegers from the 90’s and maybe newer ones too, had firing pins that the ends would “brad” where the hammer hit them.  The aftermarket “hardened” firing pins solve this problem.

The bradded end prevents the FP from extending far enough out of thr frame to fire the primer.  You can remove the “brad” by smoothing it out with a file as a temporary fix.

In addition to Long Hunters site, Brownells and also VTI carry parts and tools.

I fought this issue for over a year. I installed two new sets of Longhunter's firing pins Hardened pins first and then the New hardened extended pins. New firing pin return springs (I didn't think the springs would help but I did it anyway).

I relieved the stock to make sure the hammer wasn't rubbing on it multiple times with no change.

I had it worked on by a very good cowboy gunsmith at EOT.
Hears what I found towards the end of this season:
The right barrel was the only one misfiring intermittently 2-3 times in five stages.

I moved the firing pins from the right barrel to the left barrel. No change.

I moved the firing pins and bushing (fastening bolt) from right barrel to left barrel. The misfire moved to the left barrel.

Bought new bushings (fastening bolts) and installed. TaDa No Misfires in the last 4 matches and one was a two day match.

2-3 misfires in a match is allot of additional time on my score in a match.

Archived