SASS Wire Forum

Anyone have experience with a Stoeger (Uberti) Schofield 38?

portugeejn

Anyone have experience with a Stoeger (Uberti) Schofield in .38 Special? 5" barrel, blued.  I saw one at a local gun store the other day at what seemed to be a fair price, but I have had no experience with them.  Actually never even seen one before.   Good, bad or ???  Opinions please. 

It should be the same as any other Uberti Schofield (Taylors, Cimarron, Dixie).  If you've never shot a Schofield before, they are a little different.  Rusty Cuffs has a pair of 7 1/2" .38 Schofields on the Wire Classifieds.

I have a pair of Taylor Schofields, Uberti made. Great revolvers. A blast to shoot! But they handle way different from a SAA. The grip profile requires a different hold. There is nothing like opening the action and having all the case’s eject. Great for those matches were you are required to do a reload. I hated the safety in mine so I took it out, now the operate just like the originals.

MSRP on a new one is $1289.00, but you can usually find one if you look hard for at least $150.00 below that.  Used one in like new condition with box should be around $950.00.  "Rode Hard And Put Away Wet", well, that could be whatever you are willing to pay.

They are extremely well made with great care by A. Uberti.  Have never seen a bad one in selling them for the last 22 years.

They are asking $850 for it. It’s been fired & put away dirty, but it was shot with smokeless & I am pretty sure it would clean up. If you look past the dirt & crud, it doesn’t look like it has been shot much. 

I had one in .45....area around firing pin hole cratered so bad after less than  1,000 rounds it would lock up after each shot-sold it as fast as I could at a gun show.....

Hadnt had that problem with any other Ubertis , except the one put out by Stoeger....metal is so soft on face there its not funny-would have cost more to "fix" than worth. 
Posted about it with pics somewhere on the wire in the last 2 years or so

IMG_4523.JPG

Archived