SASS Wire Forum

John Boy

J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526

I saw this on Jackson Hole Gang's facebook group Wednesday, thought a NJ member would mention it on the wire, but haven't seen anything yet. 

I didn't know him but his knowledge about reloading, shooting black powder and links he shared about reloading were helpful to me.

My condolences to his family and friends,

JS Sooner

John Boy.jpg

I had many conversations with him online about black powder. He posted some great informative videos.

RIP John Boy :(

45 minutes ago, J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526 said:

I saw this on Jackson Hole Gang's facebook group Wednesday, thought a NJ member would mention it on the wire, but haven't seen anything yet. ...

Tex Jones mentioned it yesterday in the "Trail Markers" post at the top of the page.  John Boy shared lots of info here on the wire over the years.  Prayers for the family.

I’ll be heading to the memorial ceremony tomorrow.  He was my BPCR mentor.  The amount of BP and long range shooting knowledge he possessed was incredible.  He was fun to talk to and to posse with.  He will be missed.

Gringo

He will be greatly missed, like so many others I had many black powder questions answered by this fine gentleman, always a pleasure to talk to. Rest In Peace my friend.

I’d heard that he wasn’t doing well.  Said more than one prayer for him.

It’s a big loss to the campfire.

So sorry to hear this news.  We communicated several times over the years about his "magic brass cleaning solutions".  He was a wealth of knowledge and more than happy to share.

My condolences to his friends and family.  He will be missed.

Rest In Peace John Boy.

I always appreciated the information he shared on the Wire and via personal messages. 

Via con Dios amigo. 

Archived