SASS Wire Forum

What's in your whisky glass tonight?

Cyrus Cassidy #45437

5 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Yeah, I'm liking it.  My personal threshold is any Scotch must be aged at least 15 years.  Anything younger than that is pretty harsh.  This 18 is SMOOOOOOTH!!!

10 year old Laphroaig is my favorite that is endurably affordable.  Lots of smoke and peat, not for everyone.  Some call it "Medicinal".

I'm just hoisting a glass in salute to my son's old scoutmaster.  His funeral was yesterday. 

Very mellow for 101 proof.

Here's to ya, Andy!   image.jpeg.590617cbc37eb5ccd1307071471d0ecd.jpeg

image.thumb.png.6f2ea3a291fa5f391dffca5839673152.png

image.thumb.jpeg.9af7cc8c2a0ba48fe7e69c596b634c3d.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

HMM.  Maybe in my wild and flaming youth!  Ah, the stories!  Now, no. Hope it works for you.

Best I can tell there's no cannabis in it. I don't do Mary Jane, never even had a toke. Mix of whatever herbs in the bottle, honey, red wine, and rum. It's supposedly the national drink of the Dominican, they sell it it every t shirt shop etc. I'm a pharmacist, and having read the ingredients (in Spanish of course) nothing looks like dope.

JHC

34 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

Does it make you horny?  Read the label, second line from bottom. 

That's it's rep. No more than usual best I can tell. Probably like the name, increases sales to the touristas.

JHC ;)

15 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

That's it's rep. No more than usual best I can tell. Probably like the name, increases sales to the touristas.

JHC ;)

Maybe it is like the agave distilled spirit with the worm in the bottle.  The Mexicanos say it has aphrodisiac properties.

Decided I was in the mood for some pot-distilled rum...this stuff tastes like a hybrid of bourbon and rum with some butter and caramel mixed in. Fantastic for sipping neat. If I wasn't having this, I'd be imbibing of some Wyoming Whiskey Double Cask.

IMG_2162.jpeg

I’m a bit late to the party. I was on the interweb setting op a getaway trip. So I’ll consider tonight a special occasion. ;)

A66489A8-D403-435B-9E16-6C6F6BD37EE5.jpeg

2 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Yeah, I'm liking it.  My personal threshold is any Scotch must be aged at least 15 years.  Anything younger than that is pretty harsh.  This 18 is SMOOOOOOTH!!!

I think the location matters more than the age. I’ve had some very smooth 12-14 year olds. 

Not a Whisky night for me. Cuervo Gold with OJ on the rocks.

Used to be a big fan of Seagrams 7 and 7 Up, but gave up 7 Up a long time ago.

Do have some dusty bottles of nice sipping whisky in the bunker, but can't remember what I have.

Coincidentally I recently read some information on Seagrams 7 and other blended whiskeys. Seagrams 7 is 75% grain neutral spirits and 25% whiskey not counting the water content to make it 80 proof. The minimum allowed is 20% whiskey. For me, I just bought a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 a solid inexpensive drink.

16 hours ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

Tin Cup Rye

HAD THAT LAST NIGHT! :wub:

Tonight, I’m thinking the Elmer T Lee!

image.jpg

On 10/19/2022 at 9:53 PM, J-BAR #18287 said:

Same as every night.

BBA956EE-662F-44A7-842D-25B52C52C9E8.thumb.jpeg.2a0540ae50a02b9de496a2f1355a343c.jpeg

I'm with you. Except mine is Jameson Black Barrel, every nigh a short snort.

Archived