SASS Wire Forum

Navy arms parts?

Black RZR

Replying because I just bought a Navy Arms percussion SxS Shotgun last week at a gun show and wondered the same.  In my case, the shotgun was also labeled Pieta, the actual manufacturer.

VTIGunparts had the "new to me" gun parts, except now it is a Pederosoli  with exact same everything minus a stock with a bit more drop.  Navy Arms is an importer as far as I know.  Look for the manufacturing markings.  VTIGunparts.com

If you go to the F.A.Q. page on the VTI web site, they explain it and show the manufacturer markings.  They also discuss Navy Arms being simply an importer.  Agree, probably Uberti.

Depends on the age. There were some early 73's made by Armi San Pauli that are about 7/8 scale. No parts for those. Also early 66's, although Uberti, were different as well. Very few parts will interchange. We need more specificity as to what model and age.

1 hour ago, Black RZR said:

I heard that u can't get parts for rifles by navy arms? This true or does uberti parts the same?

What rifle do you have?  In recent years they sold some fancy Mirokus.

55 minutes ago, Black RZR said:

I have a 60 henry in 44-40. It is stamped navy arms on barrel

That should be an Uberti.  I'm not sure if the earliest Navy Arms Henrys had the short carrier like their earliest '66's.  If the mortice (opening) in the frame for the carrier is 1.6" then you are good.  If it is shorter, with a notch in the top of the receiver to allow ejecting a live cartridge, then it is older and parts are not available.

I have one of the early model ‘66  in a 19” SRC. It’s a Uberti, imported by Navy Arms. Parts are not interchangeable with current production models and current run short stroke kits will not fit.  

You can make some parts work with a little bit of work done on them .

I fitted a new uberti lifter block to my old model 66 that used a shorter lifter block .

It just takes some work.

So Saith The Rooster 

Archived