SASS Wire Forum

Dates for Alabama State Championship 2023

DeaconKC

What are the dates gonna be for the shoot next year, trying to plan for it.

And if'n that low-down @Tennessee williams shows up with chicken feet again, I'm gonna staple it to his...... chest!:D

7 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

What are the dates gonna be for the shoot next year, trying to plan for it.

And if'n that low-down @Tennessee williams shows up with chicken feet again, I'm gonna staple it to his...... chest!:D

I'm not sure about the dates but you'd better hope there's not a full moon. Everbody what knows anything, knows a full moon makes Hoodoo more hoodooey.

I've got a jump start this year. I've already spat under 3 rocks while chanting "Deacon KFC, Deacon KFC"!

The dates are May 4-6 2023.

They better be, because those are the dates I reserved my Pavilion Room.  (Gonna try it without tent camping this year.)

4 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

So in the span of 32 (ish) days we have three state matches we can, and will, go to.

So @Tennessee williams best two out of three? The Burt Bunch will be at all three.

I ain't got my nanner puddin yet from the last whoopin' I gave you! 

4 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

At the Regional.....hmmm, not sure about that.

Well that wasn't one of the state matches for best 2 out of 3:P

I did good to even finish at the Regional. Man, I was sicker than a dog! It was ruff. (See what I did there?)

This year's theme will be "Stagecoach!" A story that was later re-written changing the platform of transportation and was a huge success in the re-write. One question for you? Did you eat the chicken or the fish?

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

So in the span of 32 (ish) days we have three state matches we can, and will, go to.

So @Tennessee williams best two out of three? The Burt Bunch will be at all three.

Might want to make that 4 State shoots in 32 (ish) days. Mississippi State shoot should be Memorial Day weekend. I have not confirmed that yet. But it has traditionally been that weekend.

La Sombra

1 hour ago, Barkeep Casey said:

This year's theme will be "Stagecoach!" A story that was later re-written changing the platform of transportation and was a huge success in the re-write. One question for you? Did you eat the chicken or the fish?

I don't recall what I ate.  I just reserved our chalet, so we'll be there.

19 minutes ago, La Sombra said:

Might want to make that 4 State shoots in 32 (ish) days. Mississippi State shoot should be Memorial Day weekend. I have not confirmed that yet. But it has traditionally been that weekend.

La Sombra

That's a good thought.  Google says 5.5 hours and 372 miles.  I bet I could trim that down to 4.5 hours, which isn't too bad.

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Now THAT  ^  is funny.   Chicken Feet and Deacon KFC.

..........Widderhoodoo

Yeah at last year's match I was tagged Deacon KFC on our second stage! By the end of the day, everyone had heard it! :D

5 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Well that wasn't one of the state matches for best 2 out of 3:P

I did good to even finish at the Regional. Man, I was sicker than a dog! It was ruff. (See what I did there?)

I could tell. You looked worser than usual. True story, I had a jar of Nanner puddin shine stashed for you and forgot about it until it dropped out of the truck and broke at home. I about cried. Then I remembered my emergency straw I keep in the truck. It was delicious!

14 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

I could tell. You looked worser than usual. True story, I had a jar of Nanner puddin shine stashed for you and forgot about it until it dropped out of the truck and broke at home. I about cried. Then I remembered my emergency straw I keep in the truck. It was delicious!

You said a mouthful there.

All you fellers oughta be ASHAMED of yeowndangselfs for making fun of Deacon's cowboy name.

Just because he's a Deacon and eats chicken on Sunday after church doesn't always mean its KFC brand.

:D

..........Widder

37 minutes ago, MizPete said:

Wait a dang minute.  I ain't seen Tenn 2023 yet!

7 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Then, two weeks after Georgia State, yet another fun match, this time in Tennessee.

https://www.wartraceregulators.com/2022State/application.pdf

Good catch.  I think the dates are actually the same.  The first weekend in June. 6/1-6/4, I hope so anyway because that's when I have the AirBnB reserved.  I get to spend my 60th birthday with 200 or so of my closest friends.

8 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Just because he's a Deacon and eats chicken on Sunday after church doesn't always mean its KFC brand.

It seemed appropriate at the time.

Kentucky State is the weekend before Alabama State. April 27 - 29 at Pondarossa Pines in Manchester. There is a group of us that stay at Copperheads for a few extra days then mosey down to Alabama on Tuesday or Wednesday

And dont call me Surely

47 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Surely, you must be joking.

I am serious, and don't call me Surely!

Archived