SASS Wire Forum

IMO, this was one of the best planned stages, scenarios, etc big matches I have been a part of in 22+ years.  Posse Marshall walk thru was EXCELLENT and FAST.  It took a little over 35 minutes and that was much in walking from stage 12 to 1.   Few questions because book was written simple and leaving little to ask.  Common points applied to most all stages....no foot fault (emphasis on barrel position), no vertical staging, long guns can be carried with you unless otherwise noted, most stages were shooters choice/rifle not last, simple direction on what target to start on and order (NO SWEEP NAMES), and start was plan whether to hold and /or to stage object in start, and on-and-on to my pleasing.

Roy's Creek Dan did a superb job in writing and organizing the match.   Thank you RCD.

It was a very shootable match.  It was our first time to Land Run and we had heard "big and close" was the norm, but I was happy with the stages presented.  I agree 100% about the book and stage instructions, clear instructions left little room for questions at the stages.

All my shooting issues were my own.  :D

Totes

I liked that most stages were shooters choice on gun order. Done larger targets, but definitely not a “big & close” match.  Sweeps were simple & well described.  no mind games. 
my only complaint was tge 3 targets that were not properly placed. (If 2 had been 1” to right, and other 1” lower I would have had a clean match!!!)

the Oklahoma Territorial Marshals did a fantastic job. 

14 minutes ago, Snake Oil George said:

Best run club in the USA thanks to Flattop ,May and RCD

Can't argue that. 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I liked that most stages were shooters choice on gun order. Done larger targets, but definitely not a “big & close” match.  Sweeps were simple & well described.  no mind games. 
my only complaint was tge 3 targets that were not properly placed. (If 2 had been 1” to right, and other 1” lower I would have had a clean match!!!)

the Oklahoma Territorial Marshals did a fantastic job. 

I understand what you are saying but to me, most often it makes shooter  'gamble' on their position. Get in front or run risk. 

Another thought about targets at LR was various sizes per set. I thought this perhaps set the difficult level to each  shooter, some of course none at all. A smaller target within larger ones often makes the smaller appear smaller than it really is thus to some, a bump in "mind game".  I never felt anything to far, nor to close. I liked start options and what to do with hands with no SASS default to being erect.

To me the most difficult stage was Stage ten because of the outside to outside swing .

2 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

I understand what you are saying but to me, most often it makes shooter  'gamble' on their position. Get in front or run risk. 

Another thought about targets at LR was various sizes per set. I thought this perhaps set the difficult level to each  shooter, some of course none at all. A smaller target within larger ones often makes the smaller appear smaller than it really is thus to some, a bump in "mind game".  I never felt anything to far, nor to close. I liked start options and what to do with hands with no SASS default to being erect.

To me the most difficult stage was Stage ten because of the outside to outside swing .

Oh, I was in front of the targets. It’s just the targets weren’t in front of my bullets!!  
yes 10 was tough with the big swing. 

I liked the different target depths. 

28 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

My only miss of the match was on Stage 10. Oh and it was on the bigger inside pistol targets lol. It was a great match banquet was the best ive been too. now if I can find away to make the 1550 miles easier. 

EMN

9 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

IMO, this was one of the best planned stages, scenarios, etc big matches I have been a part of in 22+ years.  Posse Marshall walk thru was EXCELLENT and FAST.  It took a little over 35 minutes and that was much in walking from stage 12 to 1.   Few questions because book was written simple and leaving little to ask.  Common points applied to most all stages....no foot fault (emphasis on barrel position), no vertical staging, long guns can be carried with you unless otherwise noted, most stages were shooters choice/rifle not last, simple direction on what target to start on and order (NO SWEEP NAMES), and start was plan whether to hold and /or to stage object in start, and on-and-on to my pleasing.

Roy's Creek Dan did a superb job in writing and organizing the match.   Thank you RCD.

Just to set the record straight, the stages were written by Missouri Mae. They were proofed and tweaked by a few other club members, including me.  But the credit for stages goes to Missouri Mae.  Thank you for all the kind words. It was a group effort. 

RCD.

1 hour ago, Roy's creek Dan, SASS 73697 said:

Just to set the record straight, the stages were written by Missouri Mae. They were proofed and tweaked by a few other club members, including me.  But the credit for stages goes to Missouri Mae.  Thank you for all the kind words. It was a group effort. 

RCD.

OUTSTANDING.  Thank you Missouri Mae. 

Imagine that talent while still reining-in Flattop.

RCD, you did an awesome job in those duties I know you were the big part...like PM walk thru and seemly constantly available.  Overall, a club member was very easy to find. 

This was my first Land Run and my first National. Our roundtrip was about 1,550 miles. I found every aspect of the event to be very impressive. I’m certainly looking forward to Land Run 2023. Every mile of travel will be worth it!

8 hours ago, El Muerto Negro said:

My only miss of the match was on Stage 10. Oh and it was on the bigger inside pistol targets lol. It was a great match banquet was the best ive been too. now if I can find away to make the 1550 miles easier. 

EMN

Move west my friend, move west.:D

18 hours ago, Snake Oil George said:

Best run club in the USA thanks to Flattop ,May and RCD

I will second and 3rd. that!!

10 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Move west my friend, move west.:D

Don't think the wife would like moving away from the kids. Think that's an argument I will lose lol. But I do like the ring to it and really how far west? Right now I only need to worry about the people lol.

EMN

16 hours ago, Roy's creek Dan, SASS 73697 said:

RCD.

Might there be a pdf of the stages available for those of us not able to attend?

14 hours ago, Will Kane said:

This was my first Land Run and my first National. Our roundtrip was about 1,550 miles. I found every aspect of the event to be very impressive. I’m certainly looking forward to Land Run 2023. Every mile of travel will be worth it!

My first Land Run and I found it very well run and organized.  Well worth the more than 2,000 miles I drove. The only issue was that I had a two hour drive each morning and evening due to dog-sitting issues. Missouri Mae - fix that for next year. ;-)

Stages were well written and had good variety. I liked the hand positions, the various depth of targets, and the various shape of targets. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was maybe one stage with the targets quite a bit further back, and maybe one stage of just stand and deliver for those that like to get one super-fast stage.

Kudos also for the Plainsman stages that were also well written and had quite a bit of variety even though the four stages only had two bays.

18 minutes ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

I know that Jon Sanchez posted pictures of them on FB if that helps.

Maybe someone will bring their copy of the match book to LA State this weekend if nothing else.

12 hours ago, El Muerto Negro said:

Don't think the wife would like moving away from the kids. Think that's an argument I will lose lol. But I do like the ring to it and really how far west? Right now I only need to worry about the people lol.

EMN

AS far as OK City is enough, it's central to the USA so you use it as a hub to go shooting all around you. It's cheap too, Kathouse Kelli and I lived there for 5 years and Land Run was our home club. fantastic folks there and we're sorry we ever return ed back to Aussie.:wub:

Go west young man, go west.:D

On 10/18/2022 at 11:54 AM, Ringer said:

Might there be a pdf of the stages available for those of us not able to attend?

Here y'all go:  Land Run 2022 Stages.pdf

18 hours ago, Popcorn Kelly said:

I attached a pdf of the stages to this post.  

PK

Land Run 2022 Stages.pdf 6.99 MB · 6 downloads

Thank you for posting the COWBOY STAGES

I'm looking for the WILD BUNCH STAGES.

Marshal Stone

On 10/21/2022 at 9:50 AM, Marshal Stone, SASS #53366 said:

You've posted the Cowboy stages.

This was also the National Championship of Wild Bunch Shooting

WHERE ARE THE WILD BUNCH STAGES.

Marshal Stone

Have to see if Hondo Tweed has them.

Archived