SASS Wire Forum

Land Run scores?

Ringer

How can some shooters who don't shoot even one stage have scores of 150 for each stage and other shooters have 999.0 for the same thing?

Or some shooters who don't shoot all the stages get 150 for the unfinished stages and others get 999.0?

Doesn't make sense.

On 10/16/2022 at 7:59 PM, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

How can some shooters who don't shoot even one stage have scores of 150 for each stage and other shooters have 999.0 for the same thing?

Or some shooters who don't shoot all the stages get 150 for the unfinished stages and others get 999.0?

Doesn't make sense.

SDQ = My rifle I staged with hammer half cocked thereby I earned 150 seconds for my error. 

"When using Total Time scoring, a maximum allowed time for each stage is to be calculated prior to the match, and is used as the Stage Disqualification score (SDQ) and maximum stage score.

The maximum time allowed for a stage is the total of all available targets/miss penalties plus 30 seconds.

(Example: 5 seconds each for all available targets (10 rifle, 10 pistol, 4 shotgun = 24 targets x 5 seconds = 120 seconds. Add 30 seconds for a maximum score of 150 seconds)."

Thank you Matthew for spelling it out.  That's what SASS scoring when applied to Total Time matches is supposed to be.  But looking at Land Run scores I see shooters having 150.0 scores for stages and others having 999.0 for the same stages.  

What's up?

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed their links were down a few weeks back.  I had previously saved the scores and have attached them here.  No Wild Bunch stuff if that is what you were looking for.

Match-Final-Total-Time-Main-Match-10132022.pdf

Scores-by-Category-Main-Match-10132022.pdf

Just FYI, I didn't win.... :lol:

On 10/18/2022 at 7:31 PM, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Thank you Matthew for spelling it out.  That's what SASS scoring when applied to Total Time matches is supposed to be.  But looking at Land Run scores I see shooters having 150.0 scores for stages and others having 999.0 for the same stages.  

What's up?

The 999.0 is what the scoring program puts for DNF.

Those who never arrived, never fired a round (or got mad and left without finishing or a MDQ get the DNF totals.

But, I may be wrongB)

Archived