SASS Wire Forum

Stunted my gun buying for a few years

Got tired of dealing with a less than working hydraulic system on my late 70s Ford tractor, so this morning, the wife and I drove 250 miles round trip and brought this home with us.  2007 Kubota L2800, with a Bush Hog brand lift, and a new Land Pride 1860 5 foot rotary cutter.  

10 14 22.jpg

Looks like a very nice "working man's" tractor.

Don't own one myself as justifying a purchase is over come by renting 3 or 4 times a year. 14 acres is more than lawn tractor range but much less than $$$ tractor range.

Doesn't mean I am not green with envy though. :D

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

15 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Got tired of dealing with a less than working hydraulic system on my late 70s Ford tractor, so this morning, the wife and I drove 250 miles round trip and brought this home with us.  2007 Kubota L2800, with a Bush Hog brand lift, and a new Land Pride 1860 5 foot rotary cutter.  

10 14 22.jpg

Congrats! One absolutely essential accessory, and not particularly expensive, is a set of adjustable forks,  I could do without the bucket most of the time, but the forks have saved my bacon many times.  Took me several years to get them, life would have been much simpler if I'd had them at the start.

Nice machine.

Set up a maintenance schedule, follow it meticulously, respect the machine's limitations, and it will help and serve you for many years to come.  But neglect any tractor and it quickly will become an expensive  repair headache --and backache.  

I’ve had a couple tractors and excavators. Never regretted it they hold their value well as long as you take care of them. Get a grapple for that, it’s a back saver. Tractor time can be relaxing, with the right implements you can accomplish allot 

Nice looking setup.

I’ve been kicking around selling my Ford 4000. Nothing mechanically wrong with it. Biggest gripe is it’s too big for my needs and mowing under and around trees is a pain. And I stay so busy I don’t really feel like using my spare time up with anything but other stuff. HST would be nice. Been looking at the prices and finally concluded I can get the neighbor to mow for about $500-600 per year (late spring, then early fall).  I know prices aren’t static, but compared to a $15,000 tractor that same $15,000 gets me 25 years of mowing I don’t have to fool with, or a tractor to maintain or replace. I’ll be 72 by then.

The $10-12,000 I hope to get for my tractor and implements can go towards family fun and travel.

54 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

LAWMAN,

by chance, did you buy that Kubota in Maryville, TN.... next to the Harley Davidson place?

I live about a mile from there.

..........Widder

Sorry, no.  I bought it from Boykin Tractor, in Rainsville, AL.  That's 125 miles from my house.  About 30 miles from Cavern Cove, over near the GA state line.  They had it listed on Facebook marketplace, which is where I saw it.

Just remember once a tractor tastes blood it wants more so you have to sell it.

Be careful and use the rops with the seatbelt.

Wish I'd bought one of these years ago.  I earned the first two months payments last weekend with it, bush hogging a pasture.  This weekend, I'm cleaning my own place, and that bucket is making hauling limbs to the burn pile a snap.  

20221015_100505.jpg

widowmaker.jpg

The city I worked for, had a Kubota tractor.

That machine had a lion's heart for an engine!

14 hours ago, JD Lud said:

Front end grapple might really suit your needs….but have to have 3rd hydraulic port/function available in most cases.

After a trailer (borrowed the one I went and got the tractor with), a grapple will be my next purchase.

Nice tractor!  I've got a L3400.  Being as I am up north, I have a back blade in addition to a brush mower and a 5' tiller.  Saves my bacon getting firewood and plowing snow. I have a pick up with a blade but once the snow gets so high, I have to move it back with the bucket.  You'll find a utility trailer will be essential as well.

Archived