SASS Wire Forum

Manners & Kindness

Scarlett

If we say we care about one another and are “family” well we need to do a better job. 

Respect… kindness…please and thank you go a LONG WAY.

Scarlett

HOW WE TREAT ONE ANOTHER SAYS A WHOLE LOT MORE ABOUT OUR CHARACTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE! 

Hugs,

Scarlett

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

If we say we care about one another and are “family” well we need to do a better job. 

Respect… kindness…please and thank you go a LONG WAY.

Scarlett

HOW WE TREAT ONE ANOTHER SAYS A WHOLE LOT MORE ABOUT OUR CHARACTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE! 

Hugs,

Scarlett

Fully agree - but "WE" also suffer from an adversity to hearing the truth spoken.

The cowboy community often tries to impose a "go along to get along" upon its members and this is not always the best direction.

Effort, dedication and hardwork are all admirable traits - but without positive results are just effort - the final result is always the measure of success.

A willingness to speaking the truth when it is unpopular or even unpleasant is a mark of character as well. 

While the words and phrasing can always be smoothed and polished - the truth left unsaid is a lie by omission and serves no purpose other than to support the illusion of satisfaction, progress or success when none has been achieved.

1 hour ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Fully agree - but "WE" also suffer from an adversity to hearing the truth spoken.

The cowboy community often tries to impose a "go along to get along" upon its members and this is not always the best direction.

Effort, dedication and hardwork are all admirable traits - but without positive results are just effort - the final result is always the measure of success.

A willingness to speaking the truth when it is unpopular or even unpleasant is a mark of character as well. 

While the words and phrasing can always be smoothed and polished - the truth left unsaid is a lie by omission and serves no purpose other than to support the illusion of satisfaction, progress or success when none has been achieved.

It often isn't  what we say (I agree the truth is important), so much as how it is said.   Disagreement-- even persistent disagreement-- doesn't have to get rude or disrespectful.   People do become impatient and frustrated, but self control is still important to our chatacter. 

@Creeker, SASS #43022, I agree fully about not sugarcoating or denying the truth. I didn’t mean to imply anything of the sort in my original post. 

We can speak the truth without being petty, mean and deliberately hurtful. 

Goodnight from Landrun! A great match!

Hugs!

Scarlett

23 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Have a great match - the Creeker crew is sorely disappointed that we had to back out of this event.

I’m sad, too because I want to meet you and your crew!

Hugs!

10 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Agree totally. 

But here’s a tip about the written word in social media…. All capital letters is the equivalent of shouting, and generally not received well. 

5 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Agree totally. 

But here’s a tip about the written word in social media…. All capital letters is the equivalent of shouting, and generally not received well. 

Emphasis was my point and not shouting… but if one sees it as shouting, that’s ok, too. Sometimes we shout out of joy or excitement - SHOUTING :D isn’t always angry. 

BIG HUGS! 

Scarlett

A couple of thoughts about character:

What you do when no one is watching shows your true character. 

Go to a grocery store, stay out in the parking lot and watch what people do with shopping carts.  There is no reward for returning the cart or putting it in the “cart return area” and there is no penalty for leaving it out in the parking lot.

In our game, would you call a penalty on yourself even if no one saw it?  I.E. drop a gun, set away from a LT with your loaded pistols, forget to go to the ULT, etc.

5 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

A couple of thoughts about character:

What you do when no one is watching shows your true character. 

Go to a grocery store, stay out in the parking lot and watch what people do with shopping carts.  There is no reward for returning the cart or putting it in the “cart return area” and there is no penalty for leaving it out in the parking lot.

In our game, would you call a penalty on yourself even if no one saw it?  I.E. drop a gun, set away from a LT with your loaded pistols, forget to go to the ULT, etc.

I have, and will!

I know many others who have done the same.  This reinforces my opinion of most of the people in our game!

And sometimes, shouting is entirely appropriate, even in anger!!

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I have, and will!

I know many others who have done the same.  This reinforces my opinion of most of the people in our game!

And sometimes, shouting is entirely appropriate, even in anger!!

Like you I’ve called at least 2 penalties on myself (when no one else saw) one was a MDQ the other a SDQ, and I’d do it again

Called an SDQ and a MSV on myself. Just a year ago.

If you don't drive to the match in a Cadillac , you likely won't drive home in one. :lol:

I am reminded of a local icon from my childhood, Brooks Lindsay, aka Joey the Clown (I know, clowns are creepy, but he was not).  He signed off his show with: Y'all be nice.  All we have in this old world is each other.

2 hours ago, MizPete said:

I am reminded of a local icon from my childhood, Brooks Lindsay, aka Joey the Clown (I know, clowns are creepy, but he was not).  He signed off his show with: Y'all be nice.  All we have in this old world is each other.

This is why I adore you! 

Hugs!

Scarlett

Archived