SASS Wire Forum

Colt bisley question

evil dogooder

Picked up a couple bisleys today,. One of them stumped me.  As new mint 7 1/2"  the kicker is it is in .32 police or 32 s&w long.

Supposed to be lettered and actually legit.  (Letter is on its way, so I haven't seen it yet).   A custom ordered gun.

Anyway has anyone seen one in person.  I know they were made in a few non standard calibers as custom orders but this is the first I've actually seen in person.

.32 Colt New Police IS .32 S&W Long.   Colt did not want to put their competitors name on their guns, so they renamed the cartridge instead.   They did the same thing with .38 S&W, calling it .38 New Colt Police.   The only difference in the .38 rounds is that the S&W one was a 146 grain round nose bullet, and the Colt round was a 145 RNFP bullet.   Brass was identical.   I assume similar differences for .32 S&W and .32 New Colt Police.  

Dang...   I'd love to have real Colts in that caliber, Bisleys or regular SAAs.   Closest I've got is a pair of Bisleys in .32-20.   I'll post pics of mine if you post pics of yours!

Archived