SASS Wire Forum

New Aguila primers at Brownells

Abilene, SASS # 27489

Just got an email from Brownells.  They have small pistol primers from a new player, Aguila.  $85.99/K.  Somebody buy some and test for hardness. :)

correction: $84.99/K

Aguila did(or does) make really good 45 colt cowboy ammo. I got some in 2018. 200gr bullets and loaded so you knew you were shooting a 45 and not spit wads. But not a crazy heavy load either. I got 300 rounds of it for $24 a box of 50. Haven’t seen any of it since then and now any 45 colt ammo I see is over $1 per round sometimes $70+ a box! The brass is good also. I have loaded some probably 10-12 times with blackpowder and after a cleaning and tumble they’re still looking new. Gonna kill the sport if all the cowboy calibers are non existent like they’ve been since covid and now so expensive. If you don’t reload the cost of the guns, gear etc. is hard for most if trying to start right now. I’m rambling, sorry, aguila is good. 

Their super extra 22LR is fantastic stuff. In testing through multiple firearms with Cactus Jack Slade we found it much more accurate, consistent, and cleaner than CCI and many others. I was worried when they went from Eley primed to doing it themselves but haven't seen a difference in the product so far. 

I'd like to hear how their SP primers are. 

JEL

Archived