SASS Wire Forum

“Just browsing”, I said

Utah Bob #35998

This happens sometimes when I go into town for groceries.

38 minutes ago, Doc Shapiro said:

How many did ya toss back before you caught the keeper?

The Force drew me directly to it!

I was "just browsing" (my wife used to say I was "grazing") three weeks ago when I stumbled over an Ithaca Model 37  12 gauge shotgun in amazingly good condition.

It's in my gun room as a I sit here pushing these keys.  So....... I may have to eat a few meals of crackers and beans, but I got the gun.  :D 

8 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Gorgeous~!!

But is it a .45 or 9mm...?  

Sweet either way!  ^_^

After leaving the gun shop I almost forgot to go grocery shopping. :D

25 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

My kids and wife say  I need to down size...Since I got home from hospital I have found 3 news to add...

Texas Lizard

So buy carbines or pistols for a while, that should be a downsize from rifles. :lol:

My actual visit to the store was to arrange to ship two rifles to a friend in Texas. At least I only bought one.

(Although it was close. They had a used Police Positive for sale)

UB,

Is Cortez Hardware still on Main Street? I forget the cross street but the store was on the SW corner. That's where I and my friends bought our things when I was in high school. I graduated in 1961 so I imagine things have changed. The only paperwork required was green US dollars and nothing else. If you had money, you walked out with whatever you wanted.

PF 

On 10/11/2022 at 2:49 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

But then…… :wub:

F0CF9219-AD1A-4D8B-AC29-9EDADD33DEC1.jpeg

“Oh look, a baby horsie! Isn’t it cute!”

”Why yes, son, it is. Do you want to take it home?”

”Oh yes sir, I do!”

”Then go right ahead!”

That’s purty dang cool, Bob!

2 hours ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

UB,

Is Cortez Hardware still on Main Street? I forget the cross street but the store was on the SW corner. That's where I and my friends bought our things when I was in high school. I graduated in 1961 so I imagine things have changed. The only paperwork required was green US dollars and nothing else. If you had money, you walked out with whatever you wanted.

PF 

If you’re speaking of Slaven’s Hardware it is still on main. But they no longer sell firearms. Goods for the Woods from Durango opened a store by Maverick on Broadway.

Howdy,

I bought one similar but not colt.

I did get a rubber grip for it.

I didnt get wood grips that nice.....

Mine shoots a bit left so I aim a bit right.

Gotta git that adjusted some day soon.

Best

CR

This is the 5th Colt I’ve owned. But I only have 3 now. I have never been disappointed in any of them.

21 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

If you’re speaking of Slaven’s Hardware it is still on main. But they no longer sell firearms. Goods for the Woods from Durango opened a store by Maverick on Broadway.

No, Slaven's is on the other side of town. I used to work there and I'm sure Dale has passed on. I'm thinking it was Main & Market. Looking at the map, so many things have changed. We lived on Ash St. I also worked at City Market and it was west of us; now I see it's east of Ash. My memory is from 1961. Where I went to high school is now the jr. high, so I'm told. Across the curve from the Ute Truck Stop, if it's even still there. I don't remember 491 (666 in those days) even being called Broadway. Progress, I guess.

PF

Somebody please tie me to something too heavy to drag.  I came a cross a Savage 99 in .300 savage.  It has all the desirable stuff, including  a fold down mounted tang peep sight on it, and it is in a good, solid 90-95% condition.

I have never owned one and only fired about ten rounds through one in. 243 (?) once a half century ago.

I need this like I need a raging case of mumps, and never had an urge for one before today.  

What in hell is wrong with me?

Archived