SASS Wire Forum

You can never have enough guns

Alpo

I've only sold 2 guns in my lifetime and regret selling both!

The statement is absolutely true!

"YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY GUNS!

I used to keep every gun I bought and just find  bigger safes.  It became a chore just to keep count and give each one the attention I thought they deserved.

When it got to where I was finding guns that I hadn’t seen in a year, I began to “thin the herd” and to find guns that I really wanted and turn those that I don’t use or particularly care about into money for other things that make me happy!

I still haven’t found what the limit is, but I HAVE become more selective and I don’t usually find some reason to become so attached to most of my guns.

I have bought and sold hundreds of guns through the years.  Right now the problem is I have only one daughter and she has less than zero interest in guns.  So I am trying to force myself to start selling some of them otherwise they may wind up in a landfill.

I am selective about gun purchases.

Here in CA it is SO ponderous, expensive and time consuming, one has to give much thought to purchases.  Especially hand guns which incur a 30 day wait between purchases.

I dunno, I have really rethought this over the last year. I'm putting up for sale all of my CAS guns, leather, gun cart, reloading stuff, etc within the coming weeks, plus a few other guns that get little use whose time to go has come to go. 15-16 total.  I have a whole other set of interests now, my free time has vastly changed over the years,  and I'm more interested in funding other interests for not just me, but my family.  And my kids have deep interests in hunting, hiking, camping, and the outdoors that I do. I'd better run with that and make the most of it.

Check this out.

Disclaimer. I don't know these folks, but in my opinion this is going a little overboard. But this is America, and the second amendment  guarantees their right to have them.

IMG_63441.jpg

As I have gotten a lot older my interests have changed a lot. Used to belong to the ATA and NSSA and shot a lot of competition skeet & trap. Havn't shot either in years so I sold the guns that I had that were really only good for each one. I am not a collector, just a shooter. I have some family stuff that I would never get ride of, but now that I am 80, all the rest of my guns are.....if I don't shoot it, get rid of it. My son has his own guns and I know which of mine he wants. 

If I don’t shoot a gun in a year or more I get rid of it. I don’t have any safe queens! 

In the 90s, I picked up a Bisley Vaquero for use as a prop.
I was playing piano in the stinking tent saloon, during Gold Rush Days here.

As luck would have it, I chose a Bisley, which fits my hand better than the plow handle type.
It sat in my safe for years until I caught in interest in SASS.

I have all my pro photo gear in the safe as well, from my wedding and studio days.
RZ67, C330, Sinar 4x5, Crown Graphics and multiple Nikon film cameras and all the lenses.
Hate to get rid of em (read: throw away), so they just sit there inside ammo boxes with desiccant inside.

As I approach the end-of-trail, I haven't a clue what I'm going to so with all this.

Archived