SASS Wire Forum

Wolf lovers, here is what is coming

25 minutes ago, ORNERY OAF said:

I have a new m1 garand, I imagine that would be very good wolf medicine if I lived in a wolf area. Here we have mangy coyotes and maybe some larger coy dogs...some farmers here put llamas in with the herds.....apparently a Llama  will beat the ass out of a coyote. Wolves might be to big for Llama badassery?

A pack of wolves would take a Llama down in my opinion. Coyotes are smaller than German shepherds.

Bob, never seen a wolf in person, outside a zoo..  would sure love to.  And I'm absolutely sure you are right about a pack of wolves, I'm thinking a big pack of yotes may be able to as well. 

18 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Didn’t know the world was planning on wolf reintroduction. Thought we were talking specifically this event. Thanks for the update 

Gateway

A miss, 5 seconds. My point is the market is saturated with beef. China and Australia are importing to the US. If the ranchers are on such a thin margin to "break even" its because the sell price of beef is low caused by too much being available.

Like how the Fed's pay farmers to leave wheat land fallow to keep the market up.

Or how they used to subsidize dairy farmers who also couldn't make a profit because there was too much milk being produced.

<_<
Beef supply is down this year from last. Steers were down about 4% at first of year and that was even before 3000 died in Kansas due to heat and the 200,000 lb E. coli recall. It’s only being shipped here because it’s cost effective. Free trade simply means global sale to highest bidder, or undercut the competition through cheap labor or currency manipulation. Meanwhile, little of the increase in retail prices gets back to the producers. Retail capitalism and globalization dictate prices.  It’s not linear supply and demand. These Chinese won’t have it that way, nor will Biden stand in the way. 
And we’re not even touching pork and poultry supply and demand, but wolves don’t typically prey on those.

The only reasonable solution, since the global trade puppeteers are to busy orchestrating their own wealth and silly ass environmental notions,  is to allow ranchers more autonomy and given full leeway protect their herds by giving a free pass to shoot or poison wolves.

Up until the mid 50s. we still had government Wolfers up here and they were well respected... They were paid a small wage, but a good Wolfer made more than his Wage on the sale of hides... There are still a few Wolfers active here, but they try and keep out of the Sites of the Greenie's. They no longer draw a wage from the government and support themselves ( poorly, fur prices are down ) with the hides and some have summer jobs working in the Trail Rides industry ...

Back in the "Real" days I worked on a large Cattle Ranch as a predator control hand, my job was to stop the predators  from eating Beef...

The Ranch marketed 45,000 head of steers per year, plus heifers, and cull cows ...

It was still very much a horse driven operation, I lived with my horses and often slept under the stars or if I was lucky in a Line Shack...

Jabez Cowboy  

The Glacier/ Livingston Pack; has a range from about 120 miles South of the boarder in Montana to about 110 miles north of the Boarder in Alberta in to the Porcupine Hills. At last count this pack numbers 32 wolves... They need a lot of meat to thrive like they are seeming to...The beaver Creek pack ranges about 180 miles north and South from the Brag Creek to Beaver Creek, they were 24 in number last count.. 

They are not an endangered species by any means...

Jabez Cowboy 

Once the Citidiots get a taste of coyotes and brush wolves and other predatory wildlife in their backyards, their attitudes change quickly!!

(We had a few coyote attacks on humans, including children here in the Ottawa area recently and that caused quite a stir in certain quarters!!)

When we first moved to our current home, beside the South Nation Wetlands reserved area, many were entranced by being able to sometimes see deer the odd moose, coyotes, the odd wolf and bear, 

All was just as Walt Disney's stories. Until their cats and small dogs stated disappearing.

Once I saw a Fisher or Pine Martin ghosting along Findlay Creek, I had a pretty good idea I knew what happened to peoples pets.

1 minute ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Once the Citidiots get a taste of coyotes and brush wolves and other predatory wildlife in their backyards, their attitudes change quickly!!

(We had a few coyote attacks on humans, including children here in the Ottawa area recently and that caused quite a stir in certain quarters!!)

When we first moved to our current home, beside the South Nation Wetlands reserved area, many were entranced by being able to sometimes see deer the odd moose, coyotes, the odd wolf and bear, 

All was just as Walt Disney's stories. Until their cats and small dogs stated disappearing.

Once I saw a Fisher or Pine Martin ghosting along Findlay Creek, I had a pretty good idea I knew what happened to peoples pets.

Nature is wonderful to those folks until it all becomes real.

Archived