Edited by Utah Bob #35998
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

0950BD7E-DE9F-4C9A-B692-B8C54EB12B6A.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My inlaws moved in in 1966.  They bought a console model black and white TV for $15.  They didn't like color TV.  The local repair shop finally told them not to bring it back for repair.   The tuner switch went out.  So they bought a VHS player to use the tuner as the TV tuner would get channal 3. They used it that way for a few more years. 

OH quit bellyaching Utah.

At least it isn't your stove that pooped the bed - Like mine did a few hours ago, just in time for our Thanksgiving this Monday, October 10

An expen$ive KitchenAid built in model as well, after I spent nearly 3K on repairs to it since 2020

Nine years old.

Going shopping for a new one tomorrow morning and hopefully I can get it installed before it's time to cook the turkey.

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

At least it isn't your stove that pooped the bed - Like mine did a few hours ago, just in time for our Thanksgiving this Monday, October 10

An expen$ive KitchenAid built in model as well, after I spent nearly 3K on repairs to it since 2020

Nine years old.

Going shopping for a new one tomorrow morning and hopefully I can get it installed before it's time to cook the turkey.

One of the large burners went out on my stove. So there.  :P

Looking at the interweb I think I can fix it. Hopefully without burning the house down.

• Haha 2

good luck with that repair - i like the new screen , i hope mine lasts a few more years ...i like it almost as much as the one i had before it , almost as much , 

12 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Nine years old.

Could go out to eat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1