SASS Wire Forum

Rust civil suit settled, production to resume in 2023

Sixgun Sheridan

Unfortunately morbid curiosity on the part of the average moviegoer means it'll probably be as big a blockbuster as Titanic and Avatar were. I remember when the Twilight Zone movie was being filmed and Vic Morrow and two kids were killed by a falling helicopter. The movie sucked big-time, but it was nevertheless a box-office success because everybody wanted to go see Vic Morrow in the film that killed him.

I hope no one sees the movie snd he loses his @$& on it!:(

I certainly will never see it or any movie that scumbag is in!

Lemme see if I got this straight.

Alec Baldwin is making a movie. And in the process of making the movie he shoots and kills this woman.

While the police are screwing around trying to decide if shooting and killing this woman was a crime, some male relative (father, brother, husband, something) files of wrongful death suit against Baldwin.

The suit is settled out of court. The male relative is made executive producer of the movie. The movie will go on to be made, and will probably make a whole bunch of money, which will mean that the executive producer will make a whole bunch of money. So that means it's okay that Baldwin shot and killed his sister, daughter, wife, whatever, because he's going to make a lot of money.

Am I understanding that correctly?

24 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Alec Baldwin is making a movie. And in the process of making the movie he shoots and kills this woman.

While the police are screwing around trying to decide if shooting and killing this woman was a crime, some male relative (father, brother, husband, something) files of wrongful death suit against Baldwin.

The suit is settled out of court. The male relative is made executive producer of the movie. The movie will go on to be made, and will probably make a whole bunch of money, which will mean that the executive producer will make a whole bunch of money. So that means it's okay that Baldwin shot and killed his sister, daughter, wife, whatever, because he's going to make a lot of money.

Do you know that the male relative is in fact going to be the executive producer? Is this only speculation?

6 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Do you know that the male relative is in fact going to be the executive producer? Is this only speculation?

The title of the article says he will be executive producer. Then there is this in the first paragraph.

>As part of the peace, her husband Matthew Hutchins will executive produce Rust, which will return to production in January 2023 with the original cast.<

I sorta figured that meant he would be executive producer.

40 minutes ago, Alpo said:

The title of the article says he will be executive producer. Then there is this in the first paragraph.

>As part of the peace, her husband Matthew Hutchins will executive produce Rust, which will return to production in January 2023 with the original cast.<

WOW!! Weird! 
 I didn’t read the article and yes it is in the headline, my mistake.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Yep. You got it, spot on. It appears you can place a price on a life.  At least in Hollywood.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

It's a way for the husband to get more money that he might not have gotten if the case had gone to court and he had to pay attorney fees.

The only remedy in a wrongful death suit is money.  It is not a criminal proceeding so no one is going to take Alex out and stand him up against a wall and shoot him.  They can only take his money.  The movie will probably be like a car wreck on the Interstate.  You get backed up for miles and when you finally get to the accident site the lanes are open the traffic is merely slowing down because of rubber necking.  People will probably go see it out of some sort of morbid curiosity.

15 hours ago, Alpo said:

Ay-yup. About the size of it. Money "solves" a lot of problems, don't it?

I read an article yesterday, quote from the DA, up to four people may ultimately be charged. I'm sure that is negotiable at this point given the $$$'s that are about to be flyin' around. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they found some propmaster or helper to "blame".

3 hours ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

Ay-yup. About the size of it. Money "solves" a lot of problems, don't it?

I read an article yesterday, quote from the DA, up to four people may ultimately be charged. I'm sure that is negotiable at this point given the $$$'s that are about to be flyin' around. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they found some propmaster or helper to "blame".

I'm betting the blame will be placed on that evil gun manufacturer Pietta. They'll be sued and run out of business for selling an unsafe firearm. In the future all Single Action Army clones will have to have a crossbolt safety, internal trigger lock, firing pin block, finger print reader, and built-in breathalyzer.

sure - blame the gun but let the idiot that was holding it get a pass - story of our society today , always someone/something else fault , dumb part of this is the wrong side will probably use it ...hold him up as some kind of poster child for folks "offended" by guns/gun mfgr ......so much wrong with all this 

Archived