SASS Wire Forum

Big Lube Bullets

Bart Slade

Howdy Y'all;

Just found out that Mark Whyte (Whyte Leather Works) is getting out of the Big Lube Bullet business, he's planning to wrap it up by December.

So - anybody got a decent source for Big Lube Bullets?  Preferably pre-lubed with BP lube the way Mark does.

Granted molding them myself is an option - but I'd rather support a pard (am not really interested in casting bullets).

I just checked his web site... no bullets to be found currenly. :(

That is disappointing but it's a lot of work. Don't know if he's just stopping the bullet production and slowing down a bit or retiring all together. Either way, thank you Mr. Whyte for making the bullets available for many years. 

Could be an opportunity for the right person to start offering these bullets! I used to cast my own big lubes but have bought them in later years.

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

I just checked his web site... no bullets to be found currenly. :(

Yes, I emailed him about it, and he told me that he's currently taking limited orders from his regular customers but plans to totally shut down in December.

Sell the business! You guys must think I have some mini factory set up here, but I don't. It has been just me and my hand casting moulds and my Magma lead pot, which I am going to need to keep my family in bullets. Might sell a couple of the spare Star sizers, but that would be it. Been a difficult year for me, what with getting Covid in August, then re-injured my SI joint last month(old motorcycle injury).  I really gotta stop crawling under my autos to work on them! That is what my 19 year old son is for.  And last week I managed to pop out a rib in front, but my Chiro is taking care of that.  So I am still taking orders until probably the end of November or so, but they aren't going to go out fast. I pulled the Big Lube page on my website but I hope to continue with the leather side of the business, so my e-mail address is still posted if you have questions about ordering. 

13 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Sell the business! You guys must think I have some mini factory set up here, but I don't. It has been just me and my hand casting moulds and my Magma lead pot, which I am going to need to keep my family in bullets. Might sell a couple of the spare Star sizers, but that would be it. Been a difficult year for me, what with getting Covid in August, then re-injured my SI joint last month(old motorcycle injury).  I really gotta stop crawling under my autos to work on them! That is what my 19 year old son is for.  And last week I managed to pop out a rib in front, but my Chiro is taking care of that.  So I am still taking orders until probably the end of November or so, but they aren't going to go out fast. I pulled the Big Lube page on my website but I hope to continue with the leather side of the business, so my e-mail address is still posted if you have questions about ordering. 

Thanks for the great bullets over the years - wishing you the best in the future amigo.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Thanks for making some great Big Lube bullet, Slim. Just the other day I was thinking I need to order some more .457 balls and some more 135 grain and 180 grain 38-40 bullets from you.

Prayers up for a full recovery from all your physical challenges, continued success in your leather business and many more fun years in the game with your family.

WK

Archived