SASS Wire Forum

WTB 50-70 Govt. brass or bullets

ORNERY OAF

ok pards and pardettes, I am looking for some 50-70 govt brass to go with the cool new (old) rifle i just bought from a pard on here...I can offer a bunch of brass for trade, 10mm,44 mag,44 spl, 40cal, 38spl, 30-30, 223/556(brass and bullets) , Fed match 308, i even got some 50 BMG hornady and Barret brass and 338 RUM(loaded) for the dinosaur killers. If that dont tickle your fancy, i got good ole US Currency as well....or maybe even a couple tubs of the Trail Boss..;)    

Shoot me a PM ifn ya got anything for sale or swap

Congratulations on the new rifle! 50-70 has been hard to come by lately, Starline has it in stock. I bought my cases from a pard on the wire that split up an order from Starline. Something to consider.

Tully

3 hours ago, ORNERY OAF said:

Thanks Tully, but starline is back ordered as usual. Been checking there since I spotted the gun in the classifieds...

Guess I didn't scroll down the page. Recently I ordered backordered 44-40 from Starline, they came within a week. However, I've heard stories of long waits as well.

I wish you well in your search for the brass.

Tully 

Maybe cut down. 50 Alaskan?

Here is a new, untried. 50 Alaskan case in a .50-70. Trim to correct length and fireform. Seems a good candidate. 

On 10/3/2022 at 3:36 PM, ORNERY OAF said:

ok pards and pardettes, I am looking for some 50-70 govt brass to go with the cool new (old) rifle i just bought from a pard on here...I can offer a bunch of brass for trade, 10mm,44 mag,44 spl, 40cal, 38spl, 30-30, 223/556(brass and bullets) , Fed match 308, i even got some 50 BMG hornady and Barret brass and 338 RUM(loaded) for the dinosaur killers. If that dont tickle your fancy, i got good ole US Currency as well....or maybe even a couple tubs of the Trail Boss..;)    

Shoot me a PM ifn ya got anything for sale or swap

Couple years ago I bought a 50-70 roller on this site. Found out the chamber was 50-70 Cadet length so I rented a chamber and now it is 50-70 Government length. I was not told it was the Cadet chamber.

I actually got bids on some on gunbroker now, I bought 20 rounds and they shipped...I'm gonna knock the bullets out and hopefully the bullets and brass are salvageable....I don't trust other people's reloads...

I think I forgot the photo!

20221004_200707.jpg

@ORNERY OAFMidway has some 50AK brass at $1.65/ea but you’ve got to buy 100. As @Dusty Morningwoodnoted above, ideal candidate. It’s what I use in my 50-95 as well since proper headstamp brass is easily 2X more costly. Rifle doesn’t notice the difference that I can tell :D

I just bought 59 cases from a pard here, so that puts me at about 80 brass..I will see how they hold up, but if I need more I think the 50 Alaskan is probably the way to go

Ya I will, gonna treat em just like my 45-90 shiloh and might even use some Swiss 1.5 depending on how it shoots. Gotta cast up and lube some bullets this week and drop tube some 2F...set the depth by the lands and grooves and see how she handles.

Hey Ornery Oaf:

I have quite a bit of 50-70 brass if you are still interested. One box virgin Dixie Gun Works head stamp (20 rounds)., and about 75 rounds loaded with the holy black that I can pull apart. You might also be interested in the canvas ammo belt I have marked CO "C" 2nd GA. INF. it has 56 loops (may have been for 45-70, but the 50-70 fit).

PM Me if interested an we'll see what we can work out.

Hipshot  SASS#7

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2022 at 6:06 PM, Hipshot SASS#7 said:

Hey Ornery Oaf:

I have quite a bit of 50-70 brass if you are still interested. One box virgin Dixie Gun Works head stamp (20 rounds)., and about 75 rounds loaded with the holy black that I can pull apart. You might also be interested in the canvas ammo belt I have marked CO "C" 2nd GA. INF. it has 56 loops (may have been for 45-70, but the 50-70 fit).

PM Me if interested an we'll see what we can work out.

Hipshot  SASS#7

Sent you a PM a while back. Did OP get it already? I could really use some brass.

Archived