SASS Wire Forum

Land Run

Possum Skinner, SASS#60697

It was a windy morning.  The other BP shooter and myself had no trouble in the mine tunnel.  I tried the new Chicken Shack restaurant in Luther.  Other CAS shooters were there.  We all agree the food is good, the prices fair and the location is handy to the shooting range.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the simplicity and leniency in which the stages were setup and written. "The shooter may stand in any manner as long as they have their hands where indicated". You are given a certain area to shoot from but don't have to stay behind a table or whatever. There are no foot faults. On the mine stage, you can shoot your rifle and revolvers from anywhere in the whole mine shaft. Most stages are shooters choice on gun order. The placement of guns, props and targets are what dictate where you shoot. I would like to see more of this type of stage writing at more matches. 

My only complaint on the whole match is 3 of the targets were in the wrong locations:D

The OTM crew did a great job. 

14 hours ago, Chicken George* said:

I really like the simplicity and leniency in which the stages were setup and written. "The shooter may stand in any manner as long as they have their hands where indicated". You are given a certain area to shoot from but don't have to stay behind a table or whatever. There are no foot faults. On the mine stage, you can shoot your rifle and revolvers from anywhere in the whole mine shaft. Most stages are shooters choice on gun order. The placement of guns, props and targets are what dictate where you shoot. I would like to see more of this type of stage writing at more matches. 

The Mine stage was awesome because it was sponsored by ME! :wub: 

Seriously, I did appreciate the choices and the no foot faults! This was a LOT of fun!  I enjoyed it a bunch!!

Hugs!

Scarlett

Archived