SASS Wire Forum

Land Run

Possum Skinner, SASS#60697

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

been packing my gear. 
Headed out next Monday. 

Tommy and I will get to the range to begin our vending setup!  Can't wait to see everyone!

Hugs!

Scarlett

I'm gonna need a UHaul...

:D

My crew is leaving Sunday AM for the approximately 1300 mile drive.  Hope to be there early afternoon on Monday.  Trying to do a little bit of prep each day to get ready so it's not a giant 24 hour pre-departure flail (Like Normal :P).

Am I ready, Heck No!  I could sure use another week between Now and Tomorrow!  I have so much to do before we leave I don't see much sleep happening before departure.  Good thing we have 4 drivers!  Figure I will have a little time to catch up on my sleep Sunday night when we stop, Monday night in OKC, & all day Tuesday if necessary.  Lil and I don't shoot until Warmups on Wednesday, but the other two in our travel group shoot Tuesday.

Only reason I was even on the wire is that I just finished my daily 16 hours of staring (and yelling) at my computer screen and I can't think anymore so a few minutes of mindless surfing before bed is the ticket.  One of these days, I am going to go to one of these matches fully rested and ready, but if you believe that, I have some ocean front property in Oklahoma I will sell you! :lol:

Looking forward to it!  It will be great!

Leaving early Monday morning.  See ya there. You all drive safe

Leaving out EARLY Tuesday morning. Still a few things to do to get the camper ready. 

Ammo has been checked and rechecked.

Guns are in as good a working order as I can make them. Except for the wife's rifle. 

She broke an extractor Sunday. Waiting on new ones to come in. Sure glad it broke when it

did and not at Land Run.  

About as ready as we can be.

West Texas will be heading out early Wednesday morning. Ammo loaded. Guns cleaned just in time to get then dirty this weekend. We have our 2 day shoot this weekend in Anson. Great practice for Landrun!

Rusty

History is being made!  Land Run will be the first time ever my wife will be joining me at a SASS match!  Been twenty two years in the making.  Methinks she’s more afraid of staying home alone then coming with me.

Just finished loading 500 new Starline cases. 250 rifle/250 pistol. Twice as much as I’ll needf for the main match. I’ll put 100 of each in for side matches. Should have plenty ammo! But I bet before I leave I throw at least another 100 of each in the truck! 

once at an annual I shot a few more runs at side matches than I intended.  I would up having about 5 rounds left after the match! 

1 minute ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I’m arriving Tuesday PM. I’ve a lot of ammo to load between now and then!

Git on it! You ain't not wantin' to run dry at Land Run! Don't be no pilgrim!

:D:D:D

1 minute ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I know what posse yer on and have no shame in begging ammo…! :D

You ain’t not gotta beg. I'll have plenty.

I'll trade... bourbon for bullets. ;)

Leaving on Friday Just got back from the Nevada State Championships ( Eldorado) need to wash clothes and car  re Ammo. Not even going to take guns out of their cases.  Will be there Sunday morning. 

Hells Comin 

24 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Has anybody seen a posse shooting schedule?

As stated above but check you SPAM folder.  About 1/2 of the emails from Land Run ended up in there for reasons unknown.

I’m on posse 18 

CADEFA8E-7F22-4708-BE82-F953FBFDD501.jpeg

I am on posse 5 (my lucky number).

Update: I had a minor mechanical problem I am having fixed in Amarillo.  My mechanic is interested in CAS.  I am giving him information on the club in Pampa.  It is not far away.

Sitting here getting the oil changed in my truck in preparation for the trip.

48hrs from now my crew and I should be near Blacksburg, VA driving down the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, about 5 hours into our 15 hour first day.  Shooting to make it to about Forrest City, AR, leaving about 6 hours on Monday.

Now, if I can just get about 60 hours of work done in the next 40 hours, I will be golden!

Archived