SASS Wire Forum

Computer Generated Imagery

Alpo

I was rewatching the clip I posted in the dog thread of the live action Lady and the Tramp remake.

And it occurred to me that Disney dropped the ball.

Now in the cartoon lady was a buff cocker with brown ears, which is a bad color combination and they would never have been allowed to show her. In the live-action one she is a particolor. Cocker spaniels can be any solid color, except white. You're not allowed to have white on a cocker spaniel. Unless it is a particolor. So in the live action lady is a particolor, and she has a white muzzle. She and Tramp are eating spaghetti with meat sauce. And her face is just as clean as could be.

Disney should have put red stripes on her face where the sauce was wiped off of the noodles.

I skip the Woke and Grooming Disney altogether.
Being in the computer business, I most certainly have profound respect for the sheer amount of computer power required for any CGI rendition.
But then, I don't get upset at a 1911 that fires 20~30 rounds, nor an 1873 in a pre-civil war movie.

I don't care about Disney's wokeness. But I have a dog with a white muzzle. When she eats pasta she is red from her eyes to her Adam's apple. Just seemed like there should be some sauce on that pretty white face.

Archived