SASS Wire Forum

A Visitor

Yul Lose

I shot the match at the Escondido Bandidos this morning and had lunch with some pards afterwards. As I’m heading out to the shop to get a couple of little things done this afternoon  I came across this guy out on the patio. Had 2 others earlier this week but didn’t get pictures. I’ll take him to my doctor on Monday morning, he’s a herpetologist and will relocate him.

96E4C34F-0247-4BC4-B771-AB886D4D1189.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Glad he's gettin' rehomed.

I’ve killed quite a few over the years but the doctor gave me quite an education about the importance of keeping them around to keep the rodent population in check so I rely on him to take care of them. He also takes them to a group that raises them to do snake avoidance programs for dogs.

21 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Yul, it a Pacific Rattlesnake 

Their markings very from one location to the next.

When I lived in the western Mojave Desert, they were often mistaken for King snakes because they were almost totally black.

You are correct, OLG. 

Just before I left for Ireland a few weeks ago found a little pygmy rattler on my stage. He was not particularly happy that I was there and buzzed quite a bit. followed him around till he found a hole to get away from me under the decking. He only coiled up for a bit to make sure I wasn't going to hurt him. (wasn't going to) Have seen them around with dead lizards and an occasional mouse. Most of the time they are gone before you know they are there so not really a problem. good rodent control and (I think) real pretty to look at. Mine looked to be about 2 feet to maybe 2 1/4 feet, was non-cooperative with the tape measure. :P

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

IMG_0245.thumb.JPG.ecc5bedd0cef9d8afa91c3c3f5edd6de.JPG

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

I shot the match at the Escondido Bandidos this morning and had lunch with some pards afterwards. As I’m heading out to the shop to get a couple of little things done this afternoon  I came across this guy out on the patio. Had 2 others earlier this week but didn’t get pictures. I’ll take him to my doctor on Monday morning, he’s a herpetologist and will relocate him.

96E4C34F-0247-4BC4-B771-AB886D4D1189.jpeg

We had a rattlesnake in our backyard recently.

I relocated it to rattlesnake heaven!

There is a S&W 38 on top of the fridge loaded with snake shot for poisonous snakes here.

Archived