SASS Wire Forum

Gators Don't Like Drones

Subdeacon Joe

29 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Violating the "don't feed the wildlife" regs?

Note: the below statements only apply to Florida. I don't have knowledge of other State's laws.

Probably violation of several regs, including injuring an alligator. Third degree felony for that.

Remember the video someone posted a ways back showing basically the same thing only in that video, the drones lithium batteries started a fire in the gators mouth and throat. This is no different.

Using the excuse that he was filming something else is just lame BS. 

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?StatuteYear=2022&AppMode=Display_Results&Mode=Search%20Statutes&Submenu=2&Tab=statutes&Search_String=alligators

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Note: the below statements only apply to Florida. I don't have knowledge of other State's laws.

Probably violation of several regs, including injuring an alligator. Third degree felony for that.

Remember the video someone posted a ways back showing basically the same thing only in that video, the drones lithium batteries started a fire in the gators mouth and throat. This is no different.

Using the excuse that he was filming something else is just lame BS. 

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?StatuteYear=2022&AppMode=Display_Results&Mode=Search%20Statutes&Submenu=2&Tab=statutes&Search_String=alligators

This is the same video, it's just been edited, so you don't see the alligator catch on fire.

Many states now have laws regarding “animal harassment”. They come with stiff penalties. If I were a game warden I would consider that animal harassment. They saw the gator was watching it. They hovered it there to see what the gator would do. They found out. Now maybe they’ll find out how the legal system works in this regard. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

A Gator is just a Big, Dumb, Slow Lizard . . . . Right??  Too Big and Slow to Jump . . . . Right???

Gator will outrun ya for a short distance. Kind of a drag racing lizard...great off the line. After that, they kind of fade. Definitely not good at cornering.

Cypress :)  Ya do realize I was being some facetious . . . . Right??   And some sarcastic (who - Me??) . . . . Right??

Like watching those folks that try hanging chum over hungry Great White Shark.  After all, Sharks can't jump . . . . Right??

Tee Hee Hee

17 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Cypress :)  Ya do realize I was being some facetious . . . . Right??   And some sarcastic (who - Me??) . . . . Right??

Like watching those folks that try hanging chum over hungry Great White Shark.  After all, Sharks can't jump . . . . Right??

Tee Hee Hee

Oh, I know. You, sarcastic? Shirley you jest.

BTW, White sharks can't jump.:P

Howdy,

Last week sunday trib has mention of a fella who is fossil hunting in N Africa.

Among other beasts he has fossil of a 40 foot long croc.

And some dinosaurs that no one else has found.

One thing is that he had to get money in the local currency of each country

he will be in.    They dont like US dollars in many of em.

He had to take water for his whole crew and armed security to protect his stuff.

120 F on the saraha.

Fun.

Best

CR

Archived