SASS Wire Forum

Guns Magazine -- Old West Annual 2023 -- Look for a few SASS Shooters

Cholla

I have a few articles in the Guns Old West Annual. One is a CAS Primer. Another is about the Women of SASS. I did most of my interviews last May at Cowtown. I don't know who made the photo cut as I don't have a copy, but you should see some familiar faces.

May be an image of text that says 'WEMG SHOOTING1O1 สLল OLD HISTORY, GUNSEGEAR WEST TAYLOR'S MODERN 357 COMBO Oldllest WITH Stale FANNING THE TRIGGER: MYTH OR MASTERY? PUNISHING PANCHO VILLA WOMEN OF SINGLE-ACTION -ACTION SHOOTING HENRY'S ORIGINAL ASSAULT RIFLE GUNS MAGAZINE SPECIAL WEST 2023 RETALER: SPLAT 111 WIN RANGER (NAA-22MC-R) PACKAGE GUNSMAGAZINE.COM'

52 minutes ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

If you have a subscription...does it include this?

I doubt it. I have had a subscription since I started writing for them and I have never received the special editions. They should offer them on their website but as of right now it is not listed.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I saw it on the magazine rack at the book store. $12.95?? Sorry no thanks.

That's cheap! They are $17 plus $4 shipping on eBay!?!

11 minutes ago, Cholla said:

That's cheap! They are $17 plus $4 shipping on eBay!?!

I paged through it and it's all stuff we "seasoned shooters" pretty much know. It looks good for new shooters and people who are just getting interesed in old west firearms and CAS.

5 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

I might buy a copy just to see who wrote the article using the term "assault rifle" to describe the 1860 Henry:wacko:

Henry assault rifle (2).jpg

Just read the article in the store and save yourself $13.00. You could buy 100 primers!!:P:lol:

31 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

I might buy a copy just to see who wrote the article using the term "assault rifle" to describe the 1860 Henry:wacko:

Henry assault rifle (2).jpg

My guess would be that's the editor's doing. My title was The Women Of SASS and they put The Women of Single Action Shooting on the cover. That said, the Henry was considered an assault rifle during the Civil War. Special units from Indiana and Illinois armed themselves with Henrys and Spencers. They had the reputation of turning the tide in battle.

30 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Just read the article in the store and save yourself $13.00. You could buy 100 primers!!:P:lol:

The magazine is probably easier to find...

15 minutes ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

I see on the cover an article on "Fanning The Trigger".

That is a new concept to me.

Rex :D

And that's my article... Heavy sigh...

2 hours ago, Cholla said:

And that's my article... Heavy sigh...

Just picked up a copy at my local Wally-world.  Look forward to reading it.  

26 minutes ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

Original Assault Rifle, here they come.

It may be true. That Assault makes me cringe.

That was exactly my point. 

I have read this magazine on and off since it first came out.  I have enjoyed many of it's historical pieces and cringed at many others.  Have really been disappointed at most of the articles directed towards CAS and SASS.  Winter 2022 edition, some writer talks about upcoming EOT in Indiana.  Unfortunately there isn't another currently printed major magazine offered to the general public that targets a lot about CAS and SASS.  Am grateful to one of our own, Cholla, who is trying to change that.  

Archived