SASS Wire Forum

Weathergirl Stefanie Abrams

Utah Bob #35998

One of the funniest things I have ever seen regarding weather “reporters” was in California. There was a “storm” occurring. In Southern California a “storm” is what the rest of the country calls “rain”.

I was watching a news station when they cut to some guy standing in a stream in Malibu reporting the rapidly rising water in that stream. The water was rushing and it was about mid-calf. 

I switched channels and there is a woman reporter standing in a stream shouting into the Mike like the torrent of water was too loud and she had to shout over it. She was yelling that just a half hour earlier the water was ankle deep and now it had risen over 6 inches. 
I left the room for about 15 or 20 minutes and when I returned the news cut to their in the field reporter on the devastation of the rising water in that stream in Malibu. 
The lady was in a different location this time and the rushing water was just below her knee and she feared she may not be able to get out of the water without being swept away. 
I switched to other local channels and each channel had a field reporter in a stream freaking out about how the water has risen “well over a foot and how the water may swell outside the banks of the stream.”

Every channel had a reporter in a stream except one. Channel 9. L.A.‘a “black sheep, redheadeded stepchild” station. 
Channel 9 had a chopper in the air and had a camera aimed a stream that fed into the ocean with about 20 reporters with their camera operators all positioned up and down the stream reporting the devastation of the overflowing 6 foot wide stream. :lol:
The pretty lady reporting from the chopper made a few sideways comments about other stations blowing the effects of the rain being blown out of proportion. 

I truly wish I had a copy of that video. It was hilarious. 

Archived