SASS Wire Forum

One little mistake...

Matthew Duncan

One little mistake on Stage Ten cost me a clean match.  

One on R1, Two on R2, Two on R3, Two on R2, Two on R3 and One on R4.

52 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Have ruined clean matches in my last two, both on the last stage. One miss and one P... and I write the dang stages! So dumb

Writing the stages can be a liability.  It's pretty easy to get them crossed up in your mind, after working on multiple sets of directions.  That doubles if you also are also the one to set up the targets and act as Match Director.  It's easy to get harried and distracted.

My personal best was 2 "P"s and a SDQ on my own 5-stage match.   On the last stage, I was getting teased for the second "P" and distracted, so I forgot to stop at the ULT.  It was during Covid, and we had only 6 on the posse. As Match Dir and Posse Martial, I  was hurrying to get back to relieve the TO.  Nobody was at the ULT to catch me before I set a rifle down in my cart. 

My Bad. 

Stuff happens!

2 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Have ruined clean matches in my last two, both on the last stage. One miss and one P... and I write the dang stages! So dumb

+1 here

didn't have any misses on either but earned, fair and square, a P in each.  

and as mentioned above, I, too, write our stages

My times are..............

Well, let's say I'm always close to the top...................... of the bottom third of the ranking. (But I have fun!)

I'm usually concentration of shooting clean, but yesterday, three misses, rifle first stage.

"Oh well. Maybe I'll try to shoot a little faster!"

Times and ranking was still in the toilet, just a little deeper.

I've been shooting CAS for twenty years now, but it appears I have one year experience twenty times.

Did I mention I have fun?

Archived