SASS Wire Forum

2023 Nebraska State SASS Championship

StirrupTrouble

This year we have a new match director, and he is bringing some new and fresh ideas to the match. I will be glad to be his assistant, and with what they have planned, you don't want to miss this

Thank you for your interest in the Nebraska State SASS Championship. The theme for this year is Cowboy Christmas in July, and once again, the banquet with feature a steak dinner! 

Get your entries in soon, because due to requirements from vendors, this year we have a hard cutoff of 120 shooters, and cutoff for entries is June 1. And for those that are wondering, after a meeting between the old and new match directors, we have decided that this year, target distances will be “Gunsmoke style” so you can really burn down the stages.

Saddle up! We’re burning daylight!

Entry forms: https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/2023NEStateEntry.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I was visiting with the new match director and was going over some things with him and you guys do NOT want to miss this match. Lots of fun changes and extra things to do around the match. 

I know we are a ways away, but if you are thinking about this match, get your entry in early. Our hard cutoff is 120 shooters and we are already receiving entries. Based on entries so far, this very well could sell out

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to the new match director, he was able to get a nice donation of a huge cooler. Entries received by March 1 (or when we fill up) are eligible for the drawing

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/early-registration-drawing/

On 10/21/2022 at 11:53 AM, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

Electric/water sites on concrete pads on range get reserved quickly.

Thank you Edward. I forgot to remind folks that

GREAT NEWS GETTING IT SET EARLY!!

WE PLAN ON SHOOTING IT!

BTW--We were not able to get to last year's matches due to Commissioner Gordon's illness. 

But we paid for entries and RV spaces.  Is there any chance of getting a bit of credit for the 2023 matches?

Mustang & Calamity

3 hours ago, Mustang Gregg said:

GREAT NEWS GETTING IT SET EARLY!!

WE PLAN ON SHOOTING IT!

BTW--We were not able to get to last year's matches due to Commissioner Gordon's illness. 

But we paid for entries and RV spaces.  Is there any chance of getting a bit of credit for the 2023 matches?

Mustang & Calamity

I'll talk to the new MD and the park and see if I can pull some strings

On 10/25/2022 at 3:59 PM, StirrupTrouble said:

I'll talk to the new MD and the park and see if I can pull some strings

Much obliged.

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Sandhill Ruston SASS #31383 said:

So who does one contact for camping?

Call Steven at 308-385-5048, or if he is not available, ask for Bill. Bear in mind the park is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. I think there are still a couple of sites with hookups not spoken for

Archived