SASS Wire Forum

People Who Wear Masks…

Abilene Slim SASS 81783

All I know is I made the mistake of popping an Altoids mint into my mouth and putting on a mask to go into a store only once.

CDC said hospitals can stop except with at risk individuals.

1 minute ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Couldn’t care less about mask wearing.  I just think it shouldn’t be combined with gum chewing.  

Also looks bad if you are receiving an award in front of the tv cameras. Saw that last night. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I came on too strong. It's enough to say that I wear a mask when I am going to be in close proximity, in a closed area with people I don't know. I need to do this. 

I still wear one into stores, banks, MD offices, etc., because my wife has impaired immunity and I surely don't want to expose her to Covid or it's variants, which are still prevalent and are still killing susceptible people in pretty big numbers.   

I kind of enjoy not having to shave, and I do think I've gotten some protection. (No, neither me nor my wife have not caught Covid. )

But my mask is the ugly white N95 rather than an aesthetic ear- hooked consumer variety with unknown protection 

level.   There is a difference.

I'm lucky not having good looks to fret over.      

I re-use the same mask I have had for the past 8 months, when I am required to use one(monthly lab tests).  I’m going to collect every Covid virus in the world in that fabric, then I’m going to burn it and get a Nobel Prize.  :)

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

… shouldn’t chew gum. 

The tech drawing my blood today was. Made her look like horse with a feed bag. 

My guess is she looks like a horse without the mask. Maybe she thinks wearing a mask will help hide her horse face?

:D

The only time I've worn a mask during this extravaganza, is going to the Medical center for routine care.  Once past the "perimeter" most of the Docs and staff aren't wearing them.  Of course Montana is a Free State!  Everyone I know who has got it has had the vax.

3 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

… shouldn’t chew gum. 

The tech drawing my blood today was. Made her look like horse with a feed bag. 

Do you know why she was wearing it??? My girlfriend has had most of her immune system wiped out trying to fight cancer. Her health/life is at risk if she gets COVID, so she wears a mask. And so do I, to help keep her safe until her treatment is over and she is in remission. If you don't want to wear a mask, then don't, I support and respect your right to make that choice for yourself. But don't your dare make fun of others who do wear a mask, because you have NO IDEA why they are wearing one.

17 minutes ago, El Sobrante Kid said:

Do you know why she was wearing it??? My girlfriend has had most of her immune system wiped out trying to fight cancer. Her health/life is at risk if she gets COVID, so she wears a mask. And so do I, to help keep her safe until her treatment is over and she is in remission. If you don't want to wear a mask, then don't, I support and respect your right to make that choice for yourself. But don't your dare make fun of others who do wear a mask, because you have NO IDEA why they are wearing one. What an ass.

Where do you get the idea I’m questioning anyone’s decision to wear a mask or making fun of those who do?

I’m sorry for your girlfriend’s plight. I’ve been there (still am there) done that and bought the t-shirt. Please don’t lecture me. 

No need for name calling either. Ever. 

Archived