SASS Wire Forum

Are any U.S. Pards going into Canada to shoot these days?

Mustang Gregg

We just got back from a vacation up North a few days ago.  We had a great time at Niagara (no guns with us, of course).

I got to wondering if it's worth the hassle of the border crossing paperwork headache of trying to go through their Customs to shoot a SASS match the next time we go.

Also:  Coming back to the US---More issues?

Much obliged,

Mustang & Calamity

Do all your paperwork in advance may delay your crossing by an hour.  Coming back they didn't ask I didn't tell.

I did not shoot in Canada this year. I don't understand the jerk's new gun laws

I shoot a wart hog ten magnum double and my long range Sharps 

50-140. I'm not clear if they have.been outlawed.I I really enjoyed shooting in Saskatchewan, Manitoba , Alberta and British Columbia. I live one the  border with British Columbia so the Quebec ass gun crap.is very disappointing.

I forgot to mention that I have PAL so. The.paperwork is minimal. Just contact the provincial Chief Fire Arms Officer before you go.

Any pistols,  caliber under .38 if prohibited.  Any barrel length under 4 3/4 is prohibited.  Others are "restricted" meaning you will probably not get them across the border without doing alot of paperwork.  Long guns are not a problem, you just declare them at the boarder, you might have to pay a small fee before entering the country.  Best thing to do is arrange to borrow handguns.  I also have a PAL but it was a pain to get and their laws are changing faster than I can keep up with 'em.  The clown that runs their country is trying very hard to do away with all handguns. 

We just had 4 Canadian citizens at our annual shoot and none of them were willing to bring their handguns.  No problem bringing them south, but they were told by Canadian customs that they MIGHT noto be allowed to return north with them, even thou they are all registered!!!

Never have and never will. It's not worth the hassle! It's bad enough driving an hour and a half to the shoots around here.:lol:

I've been to quite a few major state matches, Georgia, Kentucky, PA, West Virginia, South Carolina and even here in Ohio 4 hours away. At 75 I'm done traveling out of town, I have just as much fun at the local matches. I never even considered Canada!

On 9/26/2022 at 11:35 PM, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I don't know, except for one thing.  No short barrels!

No .25s or .32s either. Prohibited along with ARs and all their derivatives.

Much obliged, Pards.

We were pondering another family trip to the North Country again next summer and getting in a shoot while there.

It would be in Manitoba, Alberta or Saskatchewan.  We would not even consider Quebec.

With all of the Canuck government hassles, it may not be worth considering an trip at all.

We just got back from 3 days in ON and all the while I hated that we were not heeled.

Thank you for the insights,

Mustang Gregg

Being as my pair of 58's are built off of C&B guns by yours truly, they actually classify as "ghost guns" and therefore illegal in canadialand... so nope, not going there... not even sure if the 5.5" barrels are legal in commie-anada... 

Any barrel Length over 4.2 inches or longer on a pistol is Just Restricted on revolvers, except those in .32 and.22 caliber those are a No go (prohibited).

Lever guns can be in .22, .25, 32 and bigger calibers.  Long range rifles are not a problem.

The twit is trying to force through a bad on 10 gauge shotguns ( not a law yet )

Alberta where I life has instructed the RCMP not to enforce the new Federal Gun Laws...  I guess we will see how that goes...

The 2023 SASS Canadian Nationals will be held 7.2 miles from my place... Stop by for a visit if you come up this way.

Jabez Cowboy

Hey Jabez!

I see Saskatchewan and Manitoba are following Alberta's lead! 

We're trying to get Ontario on board as well.

I wonder what kind of temper tantrum the Sock Puppet will throw if that happens?

OH Well, even if Ontario doesn't step up, GOD'S Country has made a stand for sanity.

Getting closer to me moving back home.

CLK ;

Under our Constitution if three or more Provinces and or Territories state they will not comply with a law the Feds. want the feds cannot bring it into effect "It cannot be brought into Law ...

Jabez Cowboy

Archived