SASS Wire Forum

West Virginia State - Appalachian Showdown XXXI - Another Fun Event

Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L

This past weekend, Sept 23,24,25th, 2022, Lil and I attended the Appalachian Showdown XXXI, the 31st West Virginia State Match, held in Berkley Springs, WV.  This is our second year attending that event, and once again, we had a great time.  The range is situated in the scenic "Hills of West Virginia" and the stages don't let you forget that, ;), but the hike was worth it.  It is a really fun match that is more of a throw back to the Cowboy Action Shooting day's of old.  Fortunately, we didn't have to start off laying under a wagon or sitting in a bath tub (Some of us would likely still be there :P), but there was definitely a little more flavor of the old days in the stages.

Even though I shot terribly, we had a great time.  (I will blame it on the hanging BP smoke (and boy did it hang) but in reality I think someone bent the front sights on my pistols :rolleyes::lol:). The people there are always friendly, the match hosts are extremely gracious, and we will definitely be back again next year.  If the rain had held out just another 30 minutes so I could have gotten all of the guns in the truck, before the awards ceremony, it would have been perfect.  No one likes the smell of a wet Dog! :P

Thank you to everyone that worked so hard to put on this match.  Rawhide Ron, Twin, Last Word, Lightning Rider, Nightingale, Cody Conagher, Buzzard Breath, and host of other folks whose names escape me at the moment.  You all did yourself proud.

See you next year!

Dogmeat Dad & Lil Feathers

Archived