SASS Wire Forum

All Sold —Thanks

Howdy:

Monday. 9/26

I have hundreds of used Cowboy 45 Special  brass and I am offering it for $23/100 + shipping

I also have two 100 round boxes of New 45 S&W Schofield brass for $35/100 + shipping.

If yer interested, PM me with the number you would like to purchase, and your zip code, so I can calculate shipping.

Paypal Friends & Family and personal checks work for me.

Ignore the posts by Chief Rick, Montana Pete, Fort Reno Kid, Feisty, Lucky Law Dog, Bad Company, & Flat Top Okie -- These are older posts from when I had 1000 new C45S to sell

Thanks

--Dawg

45-sw-schofield-web-t.png

cowboy-45-spl-web-t.png

Howdy Pards

I always thot 45ACP and 45 Cowboy Special were essentially the same length. Google search was inconclusive but the Starline website indicates that they are essentially the same.

Depression-era Grandparents and Parents drilled into me “waste not, want not” and to always repurpose supposedly discardable items.

Have shot 45 Colts for decades. Cases are durable but eventually develop splits. As long as the splits are small and manageable, I save ‘ em up. When I have a bunch, I take ‘em to a buddy with a lathe. There we trim ‘em to 45 Schofield (small splits) or 45 Cowboy Special for slightly longer splits. I use 45ACP reloading dies for the Specials (with appropriate shell holder). 45 Colt dies will work for Schofield cases but I wound up buying Schofield dies. They work better.

Overkill? Perhaps. But I shoot a lot of 45’s and that extends the useful life of the brass by a not inconsequential amount.

And it’s very possible the time may come when I order Cowboy Special brass from Starline 

Keep on the sunny side 

Adios

Fort Reno Kid 

2 hours ago, Montana Pete said:

Is 45 special the same as 45 ACP? 

No, 45 Cowboy Special, is a straight-sided rimmed case that takes the same 452 bullet as a 45 Colt

ACP cases are rimless, and headspace on the case mouth.  They usually take a 451 bullet

2 hours ago, Fort Reno Kid said:

Howdy Pards

I always thot 45ACP and 45 Cowboy Special were essentially the same length. Google search was inconclusive but the Starline website indicates that they are essentially the same.

Adios

Fort Reno Kid 

Essentially the same length - yes.

The same thing - no.

See @Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329post above.

Update:

All my new Cowboy 45 Special has sold, but I still have plenty of used C45S at $23 per hundred.

One of my 100-packs of 45 Schofield has sold, but I still have 2 more at $35 per hundred.

Thanks for helping to clean-up my brass-stash!

--Dawg

• Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 changed the title to Used Cowboy 45 Special Brass -- $23 per hundred + Shipping & Two Hundred-Packs Starline New 45 S&W Schofield Brass -- $35 Each + Shipping

9/27

Still have a few hundred C45S  & a box of 100 New Starline 45 S&W Schofield left 

--Dawg

Hi Ben W:

I have 235

Cost of the brass @$23/100 = $54.05

I can't calculate shipping until I have your zip code.

--Dawg

Archived