SASS Wire Forum

Squad Car parked on tracks, train hits squad car with suspect still in backseat

Marshal Dan Troop 70448

Dumbasses! 

I cannot tell you how many times I have been at accident or incidents scenes and have watched cops pull their cars onto active tracks then act like jerks when you tell them to move their cars. No idea why, especially after being given lots of training on not doing that very thing. It’s Stupid!

These boneheads had enough time to react and move the car in my opinion. 

https://www.cpr.org/2022/09/23/weld-county-crash-video-shows-train-hitting-police-car-with-woman-inside/

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/09/23/colorado-train-hits-police-vehicle-woman-inside/

Is the need for police officers that bad?

This guy here might be the absolutely best choice to be a police officer in the history of the world.

16484922d3067bc15a999ca45e9745d9.jpg

I would not hire him. If he came up to me wearing a uniform with a badge on it I would run. Cops are not supposed to be tattoos, no matter how popular tattoos are.

So that girl cop with the tattoos all up and down her left arm - all I could think was seeing that was what in the world was the hiring board thinking?

And if they did decide to hire her with the tattoos all up and down her arm, they should have required her to wear a long sleeve shirt.

The woman is about to become very rich and I doubt she'll be charged for the road rage incident.  Both police officers should be fired.

3 hours ago, Chantry said:

The woman is about to become very rich and I doubt she'll be charged for the road rage incident.  Both police officers should be fired.

Both? There were more than two there when that train collided. 

I would fire the driver if the unit then put a foot in the ass of everyone else. 

47 minutes ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Maybe Felony charges?

In the first video at around 2 minutes the guy asks if the officers knew about the crossing, if maybe it was hidden.

How the hell can he think that someone could park on the tracks, get out of his vehicle, walk on the ties and tracks and not know that he was parked on the tracks?

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

And if they did decide to hire her with the tattoos all up and down her arm, they should have required her to wear a long sleeve shirt.

Watching cop videos on YouTube, arms full of tattoos is now a thing for cops. Makes them look all gangster and tough. I wouldn't hire them.

Tattoos on 20-30 something’s are so common that if you refuse to hire them you are severely reducing your pool of employees. It’s not even an issue these days.

As far as this incident I can’t imagine how anybody could do this. 
In one of my patrol areas there was a railroad right of way. We would patrol along the track frequently as it was also a favorite illegal dirt bike road. One time I found a door that had come off a boxcar at about 60 mph and imbedded itself in  the ground. You don’t even have to be on the tracks to get killed near a train.

3 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

About tattoos, some thoughts.  With so many people getting a bunch of tattoos before they turn 20 I don't see how police departments will be able to avoid hiring some.  

They cannot. And they no longer can have a policy preventing officers from getting tattoos. You must be able to articulate why the prohibition prevents the performance of job duties. As long as they are not things like Nazi, kkk or drug reference tats you are good to go.

Same thing about prior marijuana usage. That used to be deal killer until it became so common especially for college students that it was dropped.

How in the world did none of those LEOs not suggest/demand that the patrol unit be moved off the tracks?

Is it because of tunnel vision, or stress, or just plain overwhelming stupidity?

I just can't comprehend how something like this could happen with that many LEOs all at the same scene.

As they're putting her in the back seat the train is honking, cop looks up and goes on with putting her in the back seat.

Whats even more insane is the cops still went on searching her truck for a gun. Seems the railroad should be called, stop trains. Ambulance and assistance at the accident scene.

They'll probably come arrest her when she gets out of surgery and is in the ICU?

7 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

As they're putting her in the back seat the train is honking, cop looks up and goes on with putting her in the back seat.

Whats even more insane is the cops still went on searching her truck for a gun. Seems the railroad should be called, stop trains. Ambulance and assistance at the accident scene.

They'll probably come arrest her when she gets out of surgery and is in the ICU?

I was a LEO long ago in a town where the tracks cut off a portion of the city, East / West.  There was, and probably is no way to reach the train quickly, and they can't stop like a car or truck, particularly long trains.  I can recall incidents where the guys on the "wrong" side of the tracks were on their own, nothing we could do.  Parking on the tracks, never!

10 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

About tattoos, some thoughts.  With so many people getting a bunch of tattoos before they turn 20 I don't see how police departments will be able to avoid hiring some.  

Same for hospitals.  My youngest is a retired rock star, fully sleeved.  Today she is RN/BSN in oncology.  Many of my nurses in cardiac ICU and PACU are tatted.  All are youngsters.

On 9/25/2022 at 12:02 PM, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Makes them look all wannabe gangster and tough.

It’s really just a generational thinks I believe. It may be a fad that will die off in a decade or two. You never know. I have known several youngsters with significant skin art who were fine people.

Aside from the dumbassery of parking on the tracks, all the other cops seemingly couldn't have cared less about the crash. Jeez, what the hell sort of idiot parks a cop car on the tracks and then doesn't bother to move it when the train whistle is blowing. "Oh she'll be fine" As said above they should be fired and charged with murder if she doesn't make it. Unbelievable.

16 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It’s really just a generational thinks I believe. It may be a fad that will die off in a decade or two. You never know. I have known several youngsters with significant skin art who were fine people.

Oh I've known several tatted up guys who are great guys. It's just that there are some people that seem to get them to "prove" themselves. But then there have always been those who have done such things for that reason.

Think of some people you knew in school, that dressed the way that the "cool" kids did to try to fit in. Or the service, who said or did things that they saw guys that were truly bad asses do so that others would think that they were bad asses.

And then again, many of them are nothing but Sheeple.

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Aside from the dumbassery of parking on the tracks, all the other cops seemingly couldn't have cared less about the crash. Jeez, what the hell sort of idiot parks a cop car on the tracks and then doesn't bother to move it when the train whistle is blowing. "Oh she'll be fine" As said above they should be fired and charged with murder if she doesn't make it. Unbelievable.

Nobody took charge. Shameful.

Archived