SASS Wire Forum

Santa Rosa California Police

Subdeacon Joe

"It’s Friday night, 9/23/22. Under cover of darkness, the police department lobby intercom buzzes:

Dispatcher: “Santa Rosa Police, how can I help you?”

Visitor: “Hi, are any officers available to arm wrestle me?”

Dispatcher: “Uh, excuse me?”

Visitor: “We’re doing a scavenger hunt, and one of the items is to find a police officer to arm wrestle.”

Dispatcher: “Sir, I need you to stay right there. I will be downstairs in a minute with a camera phone and an officer.”

Though the actual dialogue has been dramatized for effect, the request was made and fulfilled! 

Around 50 teens and group leaders with the Calvary Chapel of the Rock Youth Group, spent their Friday night working in groups and competing with each other to see who could complete a scavenger hunt first. One of the groups decided to come straight to the source to complete one of their tasks. Sgt. Dunn represented SRPD in the arm wrestling competition, ultimately losing a hard fought battle (to someone we think was a ringer ). As we all laughed and thanked each other for the fun, a voice from the back said, “Oh, there’s ‘foot race a police officer’ on the list too!” Enter Officer McAuliffe and his 30-pounds of gear. Jury is out on who really won that race, but as you can hear Sgt. Dunn saying in the background, there was a “yard sale” in the parking lot for all of the equipment flying off Officer McAuliffe’s vest during the short race.

Thank you Calvary Chapel of the Rock Youth Group for letting us share in your fun Friday night! It was just the right amount of awesome on an otherwise very busy Friday night!"

https://fb.watch/fLc5x3jCKl/

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

Bless your cops.

Most cops are like that.

Have you seen the clips on YouTube of the cop that got called...I think someone complained about kids playing basketball in the street...showed up, told the kids he didn't see a problem, joined in some sort of game and got beat.  Asked for a rematch at a later date and he would bring backup.

He showed up a week or two later with some of his fellow officers and his ace in the hole, Shaquille O'Neal.

One of my Masonic students is a deputy sheriff.  One helluva fine man in every aspect.  Truly a man’s man.

The cop who murdered my son in law was the rogue exception and not the norm.  I support the Blue Line.

Archived